Method Community

Using the Project Setting in Work Orders

Last post 07-03-2014 4:13 PM by jkculv. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2014 12:27 PM

• jkculv
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2013
    • Rapid CIty, SD
    • Posts 3

Using the Project Setting in Work Orders

Hello, I am not sure if I am using the projects setting correctly. I have an estimate with several line items in it. In the estimate I clicked create a work order and it did with all the line items. But when I changed it to a recurring service and marked Project. It created occurences with no line items. Shouldn't I be able to choose the line items from the estimate, or have them all populated in the occurence to delete the ones not performed on that occurence? I seem to only be able to add any item from my QB item list. I realize these are what was used in the estimate, but the estimate has more specifice descriptions, and also I can't always remember what items were on the estimate because I am just doing the data entry not the work.

I am working retroactively, but do you have the same problem when you are trying to schedule an occurence and assign the work for the day? Do you have to keep referring back to the estimate to make sure you aren't missing something.

I am just trying to add the times to the right items on the estimate for job costing each item.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 07-03-2014 3:43 PM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Re: Using the Project Setting in Work Orders

Hi jkculv,

Check out this You Tube video  at 4:30 he explains adding the job items to Occurrences.

Hope that helps!

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 07-03-2014 4:13 PM In reply to

• jkculv
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2013
    • Rapid CIty, SD
    • Posts 3

Re: Using the Project Setting in Work Orders

Thank you! I was trying to find a video and searched the help, too. but couldn't find it. That answered my question. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)