Method Community

How to use multiple date filters on a grid

Last post 07-10-2014 6:52 PM by NickZeik. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2014 4:22 PM

• NickZeik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2013
    • St. Petersburg, FL
    • Posts 17

How to use multiple date filters on a grid

I have an event table that lists events and their start time and includes a field to list a planning meeting. For a dashboard I'm creating a grid listing planning meetings needing to be scheulded.

I want to list events that occur after today but before 90 days out that have a blank field for planning meeting. The first and last are easy but the second is much more difficult. I've tried populating a field on the screen load with the date/time of today plus 90 days and using that to filter by, but it is not working and when I try and refresh the grid I get the error: Error Generating Grid. The Grid was unable to build one or more filters, please edit the screen and verify each grid filter. If you cannot modify this screen, contact your administrator.

Suggestions?

Nick Mazeika
    Consultant
    I'm You When You Can't Be
  • 07-10-2014 3:45 PM In reply to

Re: How to use multiple date filters on a grid

Answer

Hi Nick,

In order to filter your list “before 90 days” you will need to use a Shared Result which can be generated using the OnScreenLoad event. When customizing your screen, click on “Advanced…” in the top left. Proceed to step 2 and continue to create an Action Set to get the current date, add 90 days to the current date, and then store the result in a Shared Result. It should look something like this

Action Set for date

You can now filter by date less than the Shared Result which is the current date + 90 days. Take a look at the “CRM_ActivitiesList” screen if you would like an example as it does similar filtering with dates.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-10-2014 6:52 PM In reply to

• NickZeik
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2013