Method Community

A few questions about report capabilities for basic Method CRM

Last post 07-11-2014 6:20 PM by Blake C. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2014 12:06 PM

A few questions about report capabilities for basic Method CRM

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to best customize my company's Method interface (basic Method CRM) to be able to pull the kinds of info/reports we're most interested in. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what's possible and what's not, as we don't have access to the report designer (we use Macs) so all our customization is limited to what's possible within Method itself.

I was hoping someone could let me know if it's even possible to make the changes or add the screens/fields I'm intersted in adding, before I spend too much time trying to figure out how to do it.

Essentially, the issues I have encountered include the following:

- When I go to pull Activity Reports and select Advanced Report, I want to be able to group by Company Name as opposed to Contact name. There is no bubble to select for Company; is it possible to add a field to this Activity Report screen to enable this function?

- I also want to be able to pull reports according to the tags I have created for each contact (essentially, three tags indicating geographic region, account “level,” and account “type/category.” Is this possible, as well? (To filter by tags, or to create a screen or field that would allow me to take advantage of tags within Method’s built-in report generator).

Are there any tutorials or videos that could help me figure out how to do this on my own, keeping in mind that I'm using a Mac and don't have access to the report designer?

Thanks so much!

• 07-11-2014 4:15 PM In reply to

Re: A few questions about report capabilities for basic Method CRM

Hi chelsmbc,

I do not believe this is possible. By the looks of it, the screen pulls a different report depending on the options you select. If you wanted to be able to have the report be grouped by Company Name, you would need to create a report that does this in Report Designer. You would then be able to add that option to the radio buttons list and have the screen use your custom report when that particular radio button is selected. Same goes for the filtering options. You would need to be able to add your custom fields to the report to be able to filter by them.

It is unfortunate that Report Designer only runs on Windows, however, there are options for running Windows on Mac such as Boot Camp and Parallels. You can find more information on using report designer in our Help Center and our Tutorial Videos. We also offer customization as a service through a Method consultant. You can find more information on that at the links below.

http://www.method.me/partners/

http://www.method.me/support/assisted-services/

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-11-2014 6:20 PM In reply to

Re: A few questions about report capabilities for basic Method CRM

If you don't like the Boot Camp and Parallels option you could always use an Azure VM for dirt cheap. Shut it down when not in use to reduce VM runtime and it gets cheaper still.

Hope that helps.

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)