Method Community

Method Estimates Not Populating in Quickbooks

Last post 07-14-2014 3:48 PM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2014 1:59 PM

Method Estimates Not Populating in Quickbooks

I have Assign Ref Numbers in Method?  UNCHECKED.

Should Quickbooks be returning an estimate number when created in method?

In the "Estimate" edit page I have:

To be emailed in QuickBooks? CHECKED

Wait for Sync Approval? UNCHECKED

To be printed in QuickBooks? CHECKED

Email notification when saving? CHECKED

What did I do wrong?

• 07-14-2014 2:13 PM In reply to

Re: Method Estimates Not Populating in Quickbooks

Hi beltechs,

In Method, check to see if you have any conflicts which need to be resolved. Make sure you're in the CRM or QuickBooks tab group and go to QuickBooks -> Resolve Conflicts. The list should show any sync conflicts i.e. Invoices not syncing with QuickBooks, and give a description as to why this conflict occurred. Let me know if there is anything in conflict and you are having trouble identifying the reason the conflict happened. Also, if you are running quickbooks desktop, make sure that the Method Integration Engine is running and connected properly on the system which is running QuickBooks.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-14-2014 2:28 PM In reply to

Jul-14-2014 07:08:50 PM

ValidationFault Estimate 102

Looks like a duplicated Estimate number. FAQ's solution 400 says to disable custom transaction numbers. Does that mean its gonna start a new number sequence?

• 07-14-2014 3:48 PM In reply to

Hi beltechs,

The Estimate number on the default estimates screen is actually just the RefNumber from the estimates table. This number is not required to be unique in Method or QuickBooks and even if you assign it a value that already exists in QuickBooks, you will not receive any errors. It is still best practice to allow QuickBooks to assign these anyway since things can get messy when you have multiple estimates with the same RefNumber. The transaction number (TxnNumber) is required to be unique and you will get an error if you assign a number which already exists in QuickBooks. I do not believe any of the default screens will allow you to assign this manually however.

When QuickBooks assigns these numbers, it assigns them based on the last number in sequence. If your greatest value for Invoice number was 5, the next one will be assigned 6. If it was 461, the next number will be 462. It does not matter if there are any unused numbers in between, the next number will always be one greater than the current greatest value. If you disable custom transaction numbers, QuickBooks will handle the sequence this way. Any estimates that are in error will need to have a unique transaction number assigned to them to fix this error.

If this does not solve the issue, please take a screenshot of your "Resolve Conflicts" screen. There should be more data there which can help me to resolve the conflict.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)