Method Community

Application cannot be started?

Last post 01-22-2010 1:09 PM by Method_Valbon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2010 9:15 AM

Application cannot be started?

When I open QB, and methods tries to load I get the follow error:

"Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor."  When I click Details I get the following:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
        Windows             : 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)
        Common Language Runtime     : 2.0.50727.3603
        System.Deployment.dll         : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
        mscorwks.dll             : 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
        dfdll.dll             : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
        dfshim.dll             : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

SOURCES
        Deployment url            : file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/mjones/Start%20Menu/Programs/Method/Method%20Integration%20Engine%20for%20use%20with%20QuickBooks.appref-ms%7C

ERROR SUMMARY
        Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
        * Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\mjones\Start Menu\Programs\Method\Method Integration Engine for use with QuickBooks.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
            + Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
        No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
        There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
        * [1/20/2010 10:17:43 AM] : Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\mjones\Start Menu\Programs\Method\Method Integration Engine for use with QuickBooks.appref-ms| has started.

ERROR DETAILS
        Following errors were detected during this operation.
        * [1/20/2010 10:17:43 AM] System.UnauthorizedAccessException
            - Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
            - Source: System.Deployment
            - Stack trace:
                at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore(UInt32 Flags, IntPtr hToken, Guid& riid)
                at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore()
                at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore..ctor(ComponentStoreType storeType, SubscriptionStore subStore)
                at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType)
                at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser()
                at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
                at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
        No transaction information is available.

--

What would be causing this issue?

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 01-20-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

Re: Application cannot be started?

Hello,

I would contact your business consultant and have them look into this.  You should have gotten an email with your consultants name in it.

• 01-21-2010 7:34 AM In reply to

Hey Val,

After speaking with you yesterday, I uninstalled the application and re-installed and still getting the "Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor." Error message?

This happens when I try to open QuickBooks and methods trys to launch, Happens if I go to start->Programs->methods and try to open, and also if I open the web version and try to "get Xora time" same error?

For some reason Methods just will not launch?

Thanks,

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 01-22-2010 10:24 AM In reply to

Issue has been resloved.... I did a complete uninstall of both quickbooks and methods... reinstalled and it all works again?

Michael Jones
    Dynamic Construction
  • 01-22-2010 1:09 PM In reply to

Answer

I’m glad to hear you’re up and running again. Isn’t it a nice way to end the week? TGIF Party!!!

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)