Method Community

Filtering the Item Drop Down List on a Sales Order

Last post 08-05-2014 4:55 PM by Sandy. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-04-2014 8:39 PM

• Sandy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2012
    • Posts 8

Filtering the Item Drop Down List on a Sales Order

When you click on the item drop down field on a sales order and begin typing the item you are looking for, is there any way to tell Method to only filter from the Item name and not from the Description field as well?  For example if youa are searching for item "DR148" and there is another item called "1485 " but in the description field it is called a "DR 1485" they are both showing up in the item drop down as you type "DR" which is very cumbersome when you are working with 1,000s of items. I've tried to go in and customize the table which the grid is linked to, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.   Thanks for any help you can give me ---Sandy

Sandy Bever
    ETEC & Assoc, LLC
    Certified in QuickBooks, Fishbowl & Method
    “We appreciate your referrals”
    sandy@etecassoc.com
    www.etecassoc.com
    Office: 971-222-3580 ext 101
    Cell: 503-539-9060
    Serving WA, OR
  • 08-05-2014 1:11 PM In reply to

Re: Filtering the Item Drop Down List on a Sales Order

Hi Sandy,

By default there are 3 columns displayed under the Item dropdown: ParentFullName, ItemType, and SalesDesc. All of the columns are searched when text is entered into the dropdown, but you could remove the description field SalesDesc if you don't want that to be searchable. To do this, open up the screen you are using (as a few screens use line items), then click the Edit button on the Line Items grid. Next, click on Advanced beside the Item field on page 2 of the wizard. Finally, switch the 3rd column to blank (top of the dropdown) instead of SalesDesc.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Russell

• 08-05-2014 4:55 PM In reply to

• Sandy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2012
    • Posts 8

Re: Filtering the Item Drop Down List on a Sales Order

Thanks Russell!  This was exactly what I needed.  My client will be thrilledSmile

Sandy

Sandy Bever
    ETEC & Assoc, LLC
    Certified in QuickBooks, Fishbowl & Method
    “We appreciate your referrals”
    sandy@etecassoc.com
    www.etecassoc.com
    Office: 971-222-3580 ext 101
    Cell: 503-539-9060
    Serving WA, OR
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)