Method Community

Method APIv2 using Microsoft Office XP Web Services Toolkit 2.0

Last post 08-28-2014 3:53 PM by Method_Carl. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2014 11:49 AM

Method APIv2 using Microsoft Office XP Web Services Toolkit 2.0

I am using Method APIv2 to upload data using an Excel Application that I created.This requires Microsoft Office XP Web Services Toolkit 2.0 be installed and it is working just fine on Windows 7, however the IT companies that support one of my clients does not want to install this Toolkit since Microsoft states on the download page that it is not supported on any operating system past XP and it was retired March 31, 2005 with support only lasting until March 31, 2008. They are running Windows 2012 Server and Windows 8 computers with MS Office 2013. I believe the word "XP" would scare any IT department. I have Windows 2012 and it installed just fine on my system. Does anyone know if it works with MS Office 2013? And what can I tell the IT department to reassure them that it won't be harmful to the system? Is there another alternative? The code doesn't work unless the SOAP library is referenced and this toolkit is the only way I know to get this installed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

• 08-28-2014 3:53 PM In reply to

Re: Method APIv2 using Microsoft Office XP Web Services Toolkit 2.0

Answer

While I understand that your question is indirectly related to accomplishing a task using Method, this forum is dedicated to supporting the MethodAPI itself.

We claim no specific expertise on Windows or Microsoft Office and as such we are not in a position to either provide or endorse any advice on this subject.

I would reccomend making this enquiry at http://answers.microsoft.com/ to get an appropriate solution for your situation.

Regards,

Carl

Carl Elliott
    Head of Software Delivery
    Method Integration
    c.elliott@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)