Method Community

Method Gmail Gadget Gone from Play Store 9/30/14

Last post 08-25-2014 2:40 PM by scottpm. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-22-2014 8:55 PM

Method Gmail Gadget Gone from Play Store 9/30/14

Not sure if the Method team is aware of this but Google is saying your gadget will be pulled from the available downloads on 9/30/14 due to it using the previous/deprecated version of OAuth.  This would mean no new clients will be able to install it after that point, and existing clients that have to redownload for whatever reason will be out of luck.  Significant issue if one of the reasons for signing up with CRM was the Gmail integration.

Here's the specific message:

This application uses OAuth1.0, which has been deprecated and will no longer be installable for single sign-on after September 30, 2014.    Worse after 4/15 and of your users currently using it will sign in to find it no longer works per the deprecation policy:

"Deprecation Policy

Google will announce if it intends to discontinue or make backwards incompatible changes to this API or Service. Google will use commercially reasonable efforts to continue to operate those Google Account Authentication APIs versions and features identified at http://developers.google.com/accounts/accounts-api-list without these changes until April 20, 2015, unless (as Google determines in its reasonable good faith judgment):

It'd be great if someone could comment on this officially from Method.   We were about to migrate to G Apps for this specific reason and that'd be a waste if you're not going to update the software and it's going end of life.   Apparently this cutoff date has been well known for years yet this feature is still being advertised pretty heavily on the site.   Hoping to hear a fix will be ready by 9/30 Thanks

• 08-25-2014 1:26 PM In reply to

Re: Method Gmail Gadget Gone from Play Store 9/30/14

Hi Scott,

I can say that we are well aware of it and will have the updated oAuth in place before the 30th. I was told that there shouldn't be any interruption for our users and you can continue to use the gadget as you normally would.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 08-25-2014 2:40 PM In reply to

Re: Method Gmail Gadget Gone from Play Store 9/30/14

Outstanding.  I just hadn't seen anyone talk about it here or in the FAQs and figured it's not something your team would see unless they did a fresh install.  Glad to hear that support is continuing.  As Google continues to refine their biz offerings it's a smart integration.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)