Method Community

E-Mailing Workorders

Last post 08-25-2014 11:13 AM by Method_Russell. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2014 10:19 AM

E-Mailing Workorders

How can you customize the e-mail message for Work Orders? 

I know it's pretty easy for quotes and invoices, but I can't seem to find a template for Work Orders

M. Don Snyder
  • 08-25-2014 11:13 AM In reply to

Re: E-Mailing Workorders

Hi Instadryhost,

Are you referring to the Work Orders List > Print / Email > Email Work Orders button? Where the email body says "Your work order is attached"?

If so, this screen is built a little differently and doesn't have the same template system as the other screens you mentioned. However you can change the email body with some customization. To do this, first edit the FiledService_WorkOrderList screen. Then, edit the Email Work Orders button. Click next to go to the actions list, you will see 2 Send Email actions depending on which option the user selects.

Both have the body of the email hardcoded into the action:

Which is why a template isn't used. Depending on what you want in the body of the email, you have some options for customization here. You could simply replace the existing body text with your own, or if you wanted to get more complex you could incorporate an HTML editor with merge fields (similar to the existing templates).

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any questions about this. If you'd like some help with this customization you could sign up for a consulting session: http://www.method.me/support/assisted-services/. To explore this possibility, please speak with your account rep.

Regards,

Russell

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)