Method Community

Customizing Estimates / Quotes forms

Last post 09-06-2014 10:12 PM by industrialrobotix. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2014 11:31 PM

Customizing Estimates / Quotes forms

Hello.  I am migrating over from Salesforce because they stopped supporting the Salesforce For Quickbooks integration - something within Intuit....not sure, but not interested in their drama.

So, Method seems like it is a very seemless integration into Quickbooks which is nice.  However, my quotations require quite a lot of description and text, not just a standard Quickbooks Estimate form.  

Is there a way to customize the estimate form so that I can enter and format text, add pictures, etc?

Thank you for your help. 

• 09-01-2014 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: Customizing Estimates / Quotes forms

Greetings,

I have a landscape co here in California and I have three different estimate formats that I use.  One is for landscape maintenance, landscapeing and special estimate that has different pices for different phases of the jobs.  You can do alot with this program.  

Changing fonts, adding pictures is realy easy to do with method. Welcome to Method its a great program to use. 

• 09-01-2014 11:28 AM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Hi industrialrobotix,

Method comes with a report designer that will allow you to customize all of the reports including estimate. You can also create your own reports from scratch as well. There are some great articles and videos in the Help Center on using the repor designer. I would recommend starting here: http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=MethodCRM&article=Introduction-%26-Installing-Report-Designer&id=404

The report designer is a super-powerful tool, but that also means it can be a bit overwhelming at first. If you're more interested in having the report look they way you want than learning how to do it youself there a Method Partners such as myself that would be happy to help. Please let me know if you would like to discuss further.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 09-02-2014 1:47 AM In reply to

Thanks for all the help.  I've managed to make progress in getting my quotes to look like they used to...still needs a bit of tweaking, but its pretty simple.

I am liking Method more and more as I use it.  It isn't quite as "modern" looking as Salesforce, and I have noticed a small bit of lag in comparison.  I'll see how that goes on my cable internet connection at the shop....could be the DSL at my home office sucking.

Anyway - thanks again and I look forward to learning as I go.

• 09-06-2014 10:12 PM In reply to

Running into an issue this evening.  Take Estimates for example.  I'd like to add the Customer first and last name, and email to my estimate.  I go to tabs/fields, add a linked field to the estimate for "Customer first name"...  When I do this, it crashes the estimate report, and I cannot access it from the report designer, or anywhere in method until I delete that added field.

So what is the correct way to add the customer info such as first,last names and email to an estimate?

Thanks! 

ETA: Nevermind...I figured it out....have to click "finished editing fields" - lol...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)