Method Community

Email server setup not sticking

Last post 10-02-2014 10:38 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2014 8:11 PM

• Bshall
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-15-2014
    • Posts 5

Email server setup not sticking

So i go into my account settings to add SMTP settings ( from google apps for business) and try to send a test email. Nothing comes through on the test, but when I use a web to lead form it sends the lead notification as well as the following:

"Dear account owner, recently you have setup web form RFQ*mysite.com and have enabled email notification, without setting up your mail server first. Please setup your email server, otherwise you will constantly be receiving these reminders. Thank you."

So when I come back to the customize tab then the my account screen and back to Default Email Preference the fields are all empty. So using some web dev mojo I figure the button is firing and an error is being caught. Here is what the console comes up: 

>Uncaught Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
    Details: Error parsing near '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLI'. ScriptResource.axd?d=kT40Ie2bNOA64kO_uAPOVL_OAdjfluM9hkD-AhYZoYepbzzaEfVl65wjIbO_EqHmK1P4rdfhWeIMw8…:5Error.create ScriptResource.axd?d=kT40Ie2bNOA64kO_uAPOVL_OAdjfluM9hkD-AhYZoYepbzzaEfVl65wjIbO_EqHmK1P4rdfhWeIMw8…:5Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._createPageRequestManagerParserError ScriptResource.axd?d=Y2lm9q6j6Vqc1fhi7brEd-BuhBMTOi6i6SuDMHFpOIvTUMVYxFrXFyXlAfAKQaMeH4nQuVpZevxkbw…:5Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._parseDelta ScriptResource.axd?d=Y2lm9q6j6Vqc1fhi7brEd-BuhBMTOi6i6SuDMHFpOIvTUMVYxFrXFyXlAfAKQaMeH4nQuVpZevxkbw…:5Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._onFormSubmitCompleted ScriptResource.axd?d=Y2lm9q6j6Vqc1fhi7brEd-BuhBMTOi6i6SuDMHFpOIvTUMVYxFrXFyXlAfAKQaMeH4nQuVpZevxkbw…:5(anonymous function) ScriptResource.axd?d=kT40Ie2bNOA64kO_uAPOVL_OAdjfluM9hkD-AhYZoYepbzzaEfVl65wjIbO_EqHmK1P4rdfhWeIMw8…:5(anonymous function) ScriptResource.axd?d=kT40Ie2bNOA64kO_uAPOVL_OAdjfluM9hkD-AhYZoYepbzzaEfVl65wjIbO_EqHmK1P4rdfhWeIMw8…:5Sys.Net.WebRequest.completed ScriptResource.axd?d=kT40Ie2bNOA64kO_uAPOVL_OAdjfluM9hkD-AhYZoYepbzzaEfVl65wjIbO_EqHmK1P4rdfhWeIMw8…:5_onReadyStateChange ScriptResource.axd?d=kT40Ie2bNOA64kO_uAPOVL_OAdjfluM9hkD-AhYZoYepbzzaEfVl65wjIbO_EqHmK1P4rdfhWeIMw8…:5

Any thoughts on how to get these running?

• 10-01-2014 2:08 PM In reply to

• Bshall
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-15-2014
    • Posts 5

Re: Email server setup not sticking

• 10-02-2014 10:38 AM In reply to

Re: Email server setup not sticking

Hello BShall,

I apologize for the late reply. From the error message it seems like it is missing the Default email preference setting. You mentioned that you are using google account and you tried to setup the email preferences but it did not send any email to your account. Did it give any error during that process? If not, try to setup your email preferneces again with following instructions:

In order to setup the default email preferences make sure your in your Email Server Address you type the correct server address. Here are few tips for you out:

- If you have a @yourcompanyname.com email address, the SMTP server is typically smtp.yourcompanyname.com.

- If you use gmail, the smtp server is typically smtp.gmail.com.

- Your username is your email address and your password is your password ot access your email.

- Port 587 for gmail accounts and 465 for all other smtp accounts.

Try this and it should give you pop-up message that " A Validation email has been sent and your settings have been saved", and you should receive an email saying that "Email setting test successful".

If you have performed all the above mentioned steps and still you are not getting any email notification or successful message, please contact on our support line 1-888-925-6238 option 2 for support or email us on support@method.me, we can look into that.

I hope this helps.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)