Method Community

Missing Custom Fields

Last post 10-02-2014 9:28 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2014 11:24 AM

Missing Custom Fields

I created two new fields in the Customer Table and then confirmed that they were added.  I then imported a CSV file which included those two new fields but neither of those fields were present in the Customer database.  What did I miss?

• 10-01-2014 12:32 PM In reply to

Re: Missing Custom Fields

Hello Shaber53,

Can you please confirm, what kind of fields you added in the Customer table? Were they dropdown fields or other field types? Did you add those fields on the Screen?  If you can provide me that information. Did you import the data in those two fields with with Correct Field names.? You can have a look at the video tutorials for Import/Export in method and make sure you did not miss any thing. 

-Inder

• 10-02-2014 6:55 AM In reply to

Hello Inder,

The fields I added were not dropdown fields.  Yes, I added them to the screen and yes, I imported them with the correct field names.  I had already watched all 3 tutorial videos before perforning the import and followed those instructions.  So, I don't know what went wrong.

Thanks for your help!

• 10-02-2014 9:28 AM In reply to

Hello Shaber53,

Did you get any errors while importing the file in to Method? I tried to reproduce it on my account, I created two fields in my Customer Table and then I imported data in those field based on Update existing records by matching the key fields  in Set option and selected Name as a Key field and then Click on Import data. Import was succesful and data was present in my customer database. Can you confirm that you used the "Update existing.." to update those fields while importing data in those fields. If not, try it.

If the issue persist, please call on our support line 1-888-925-6238 option 2 for support, or email us on Support@method.me and we can look into the issue.

I hope this helps.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)