I successfuly installed the latest version (after uninstalling and then reinstalling). By default the install used IE even though I use Mozilla for everything else.
No appointments syncronized, I am sure because they are all old (I am terribly behind on calls). Can't wait to change the settings to further in the past and see what updates.
What Outlook tools does this new tool offer, tasks, appointments, etc? My preference would be tasks, as I control the actual appointments directly in Outlook.
The Outlook plug-in does not sync with Outlook tasks. In all fairness a task does not have the same meaning as an activity in Method. We don't have any intentions of syncing with tasks at this point in time. The ability for the calendar to sync with activities and appointments really eliminates the need to sync tasks. Here are a list of some features in the new add-in.
- New - Create a new customer, vendor, lead or contact (new!) directly from Outlook and have it instantly appear in Method and QuickBooks.
- New – Set a priority for follow up appointments added to Method directly from Outlook.
- New – New & Reply email window now supports emails being added directly to Method and sent in a single click!
- New – Address lookup added to the new & reply email window support the ability to look up addresses directly from Method and auto insert into the To, CC and BCC. No need to switch windows to lookup an email address! Can’t find the address you’re looking for? Add it directly from the Address window.
- New – Send any email from Outlook directly into Method using the “Add to Method” button located at the bottom of every email window.
- New – Send Outlooks Contacts to Method as a new Customer, Vendor, Lead or Contact.
- New – Bi-directional sync of Outlook Calendar appointments with Method CRM based on the amount of days you specify for the past and future OR sync only a specific appointment with Method from Outlook.
- New – Setup your categories in Outlook’s calendar to sync with Method CRM’s Activity Types and Activity Status.
- Improved – Search capabilities when adding a new activity for a customer, vendor, lead or contact.