Method Community

adding multiple customers and / or contacts to an activity

Last post 10-17-2014 11:12 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2014 8:59 PM

• etm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2014
    • Posts 4

adding multiple customers and / or contacts to an activity

Hi there, I am struggling to find a way to add multiple customers and / or contacts to an activity. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

• 10-07-2014 11:57 AM In reply to

Re: adding multiple customers and / or contacts to an activity

Hello etm,

I have few question regarding this, why you want to add multiple contacts / customers to an activity? Is there any specific need that you are trying to achieve.? If you can give me little bit more detail that would be really helpful.

-Inder

• 10-07-2014 12:28 PM In reply to

• etm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-07-2014
    • Posts 4

Inder thanks for helping out. Our company provides to our customers with Wildeness Adventures (hikes, mountain bike, fishing, geocaching, etc) and Offroad experiences such as ATV rentals and Jeep Tours. We have created an activity type called Rental, to which we need to assign all the customers that are going to participate in such activity. Our activities range from 1 single person just renting a quad to a guided hike of 20+ people. It is the same activity per se and that is why we need to assign multiple customers to it. Please advise.

• 10-07-2014 1:22 PM In reply to

Hello etm,

Thanks for the explanation. When you mentioned 20+ people, are you going to add them as customer or you are going to create one customer and then add conatcts under that customer? Are you trying to select the activity type and select multiple customers/contacts from Activity screen? One thing I would like to let you know is it will require a very heavy customization to make it work according to your need. I would also like to ask if you have taken advantage of our 1 hour free consulting session, where you have an advantage of talking to our Professional Services team and get customization done on your account. Let me know.

-Inder

• 10-13-2014 5:01 PM In reply to

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

ETM,

There are a few ways to approach this.

You could use the character function action on a drop down object to add all of their names to the activity comment/description each time one is selected.

You could add a limited number of name fields to the Activity table and screen... say 40 names possibly.... 

If you want that activity to show up under each contact or customer, you would have to include a complex filter in the activity grid on the customer and/or lead screen. 

There may be more options than this, but those are the first ones that come to mind. 

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254
  • 10-17-2014 11:12 AM In reply to

Thanks for yor input l.brandow.

As l.brandow mentioned you can definitely try these option first and let us know if you need any further help in this.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)