Method Community

Need to track my last workorder completed for a customer on the customers and contacts list.

Last post 11-16-2014 11:48 AM by wildliferemoval. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2014 6:02 PM

Need to track my last workorder completed for a customer on the customers and contacts list.

In my business,  when we are hired to do a job we almost always place traps at the customers home. If we go 5 days without catching any animals, we need to return to the job to check on things and reset the traps if needed.

On the Customers and Contacts list under the customers tab, I would like to add a filed called Last Work order and have it show the last date we were at the job just like it does for the Last Activity.

The problem I'm running into is that the work orders are based off the activity list.

Anybody have any ideas on how I can accomplish this. Thanks.

• 10-17-2014 5:05 PM In reply to

Re: Need to track my last workorder completed for a customer on the customers and contacts list.

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in geting back to you. I will have to investigate further to provide you with a definitive solution.

Noel

• 10-21-2014 3:08 PM In reply to

Re: Need to track my last workorder completed for a customer on the customers and contacts list.

Any news if this is possible.

thanks

• 10-28-2014 5:55 PM In reply to

?

• 10-29-2014 3:51 PM In reply to

Hi wildliferemoval,

How do you define the last day you were at the job? If you click Save on the Work Order or update the status to Complete to define it, you can add the Update Field In Table action at this point and have it insert the date in to a 'Last Work Order' field in the Customer Table.

Noel

• 11-05-2014 11:19 PM In reply to

Greetings.  

Customer calls and askes when was the last time you came to my house to look at the traps?  This is the flow i would do:

Schedual/Invoices>Customers>Enter name of customer in the list>Pick the customer>Activities and Work Orders Tab>Filter by view.  

Now i would program the filter by view dropdown in a way so you would see the last time you were there.  Keep in mind that you would need to have a work order for each visit.  

I would take things further in the work order and track any traps that went off but did not catch anything and if you did catch anything. Keeps track of whta was caught and you could track the tech on this workorder on their skills on trapping.  

Its all about tracking!

Good luck

• 11-16-2014 11:48 AM In reply to

Answer

https://www.method.me/cs/forums/t/6367.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)