Method Community

SimpleInvoice in Method ReportDesigner

Last post 10-30-2014 7:41 PM by Ivana. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2014 8:47 PM

• Ivana
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-27-2014
    • Posts 15

SimpleInvoice in Method ReportDesigner

Hello,

I have a question regarding the SimpleInvoice that's available to us in Fields Service Operations / Existing Invoices. The invoice in PDF format is coming up with some items that we'd like correct.

SimpleInvoice report in Method Report Designer:

PageHeader:
    (1) Where is the company & address info being pull from? We are getting incomplete company name and address
    (2) Our company logo is very small and has a poor resolution. How do we correct this? We originally uploaded high resolution logo...

PageFooter
    (1) Phone number: where is this being pulled from? It isn't correct...and the address isn't complete.

Thank you, Ivana

• 10-27-2014 10:45 AM In reply to

Re: SimpleInvoice in Method ReportDesigner

Hello Ivana,

Company name, address fields and phone number are all being pulled from Quickbooks under Company -> Company Information. I have tested the SimpleInvoice by modifying this data and I see no issues with the report display or the data it is displaying. Have you customized the SimpleInvoice report previously or are you having these issues on the stock report settings? Try changing the company name, address and phone number fields in Quickbooks and see how they impact on the report display.

When you upload your company logo to display in Method you must adhere to specific size restrictions (max 48 x 400 pixels and max 4MB in size). By adding the field Company.DisplayLogo to a report (this is the default field for logo) you are adding the logo with these same dimensions. In Report Designer, try clicking on the little arrow in the top right corner of the logo and change the 'Sizing' setting to see if this helps. I know the 'Stretch' and 'Zoom' settings can cause an image with these dimensions to appear overblown with poor resolution.  If you require a larger image you can always drag a 'Picture Box' in to the report to replace the logo.

Hope this helps!

Noel

• 10-30-2014 7:41 PM In reply to

• Ivana
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-27-2014
    • Posts 15

Re: SimpleInvoice in Method ReportDesigner

Hi Noel,

Thank you for getting back to me. I didn't realize the company info was being pulled directly from QB. I don't have access/visibility over QB; at this point I work only directly in Method. I have already requested the appropriate person to update the info in QB.

As for the logo, I will check out the "sizing" feature in Report Designer. Will keep you posted if I have any further questions.

Best regards, Ivana

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)