Method Community

Need help updating a table.

Last post 11-13-2014 3:38 PM by wildliferemoval. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2014 7:39 AM

Need help updating a table.

I created a new table called TargetAnimal. In this table, I have 15 animals listed. I linked the TargetAnimal table to the Entity table, Customer table and the Contact table.

On the CRM_Edit Customer screen, I added a drop down field for the target animal. Everything on the edit customer screen works great. I am able to give the customer a target animal and am able to change it if I need to.

The problem: I would like to be able to change the target animal for a customer right inside the work order screen but I can't seem to figure this part out. I linked the TargetAnimal table to the Activity table. When I edit the Add/ Edit work order screen, The target animal screen does show up in the Add Fields but when I add it to the screen, it will only allow me to view the target animal in a txt box. It is not a drop down and it will not allow me to change the txt.

So, I did try to add a drop down box and linked it to the customers table and target animal field. This will pull up my target animal list and I was able to make it retrieve the customers current target animal but any time I try to change the target animal from one animal to another animal for the customer, It doesn't update in the customers table.

Any suggestions. Thanks.

• 10-30-2014 11:18 AM In reply to

Re: Need help updating a table.

Hi wildliferemoval,

You can add the TargetAnimal field as a dropdown field to the Activity Table. You could then utilize the Update Field in Table action on text change for Target Animal selection on the Work Order screen. This action can be used to update the Target Animal field in the Customer table.

Hope this helps,

Noel

• 11-06-2014 6:51 PM In reply to

Hi Noel,

Thank you for your reply but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm missing something somewhere.

I have the dropdown box in the workorder and it does show the customers current animal problem. I did what you said and added the update filed to the target animal dropdown and it is under the text change. Back in the workorder  when I attempt to change from one animal to another, it allows me to change it and method acts like its processing the change, but when I go into the customers file, it still lists the original animal. For some reason its not updating. Here is a screen shot and my method file is open if you would like to log in and take a closer look. Thanks.

• 11-12-2014 7:20 AM In reply to

?

• 11-12-2014 7:58 PM In reply to

Can sombody PLEASE help me with this. I have been working on this simple task for countless hours now. Please point me in the right direction atleast.

Thank you

• 11-13-2014 11:34 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi wildliferemoval,

Apologies for the delay.

Try this..

Noel

• 11-13-2014 3:38 PM In reply to

This thing has been racking my brain for 16 days or so. I knew it was something simple but I just couldn't figure it out. The Criteria section was what was confusing me. 

Yes, this fixed the problem and thank you very much for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)