Method Community

Pricing / Versions

Last post 07-31-2008 11:10 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2008 8:39 PM

• Answer Man
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-23-2007
    • N.E. Texas - S.W. Arkansas
    • Posts 42

Pricing / Versions

Danny,

Your blog states the pricing and I have assumed that is per month?  You are going to charge us to beta test? 

Also, you mentioned your servers?  Is Alocet going to host all data?  Are you set up to handle all the bandwidth?  What about security and backup?  You know how people are about their precious data.  Is screen refresh speed going to improve?

How is the CRM version coming?  What about the Field Services Version?  If possible, I would like to download some of the CRM screens.

I know I have been quiet, can't seem to get my nose above the water.  Well, not exactly, been 101 degrees and haven't had rain in a month.  Fixin to have a dust bowl down here.  I am going to try and set aside X minutes a day to devote to Method.  So hope to have more ? soon

Kevin Taylor
    Taylor Lawn & Landscape
  • 07-30-2008 5:14 PM In reply to

Re: Pricing / Versions

Hi Kevin,

These prices are based on a monthly charge according to the amount of users you have on Method.  I have updated the blog posting to reflect that and to avoid confusion.  As for charging during the beta, we haven’t charged anyone for beta up until now and will not charge during the beta period.  These prices are for beta testers who wish to continue using Method after it goes into production. 

All of the data entered into Method will be hosted by us.  However, we will not actually be storing the data in our own office.  Plenty of research went into the selection process of who would actually host the data and we decided to go with Rackspace.  Rackspace is well known for its high level of security and most of all its uptime!  Managing this type of hosting is something we’d want to leave to the experts. 

In terms of bandwidth, this is something we are going to closely monitor.  Right now, it’s very hard to predict what the bandwidth levels are going to be when you have a limited pool of beta testers.  This is something that we have taken into account and we do have room and flexibility if we need to increase the current bandwidth available. 

Backups are of course a major area of concern.  We are also working on that and will be posting more information as it becomes available.  We will be providing backup services for everyone’s databases. 

In terms of the screen refreshes, we are constantly making changes to pages to increase the speed.  Since its initial launch, Method has already had many performance changes made to it and we will continue to do so.

The CRM version of Method launched today and is ready for you to use.  Check out the blog posting that was made.

http://methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/archive/2008/07/30/powerful-crm-quickbooks-online-access-method.aspx

I’m looking forward to your feedback on Method Kevin, once you get a chance to start playing around with it.

• 07-30-2008 7:50 PM In reply to

• Answer Man
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-23-2007
    • N.E. Texas - S.W. Arkansas
    • Posts 42

I just need to make sure that you and Paul are taking care of businessStick out tongue  I am sure ya'll have thought of just about everything.

Now, lets get going on a field services version.Big Smile

Later

Kevin Taylor
    Taylor Lawn & Landscape
  • 07-31-2008 11:10 AM In reply to

Answer Man:

I just need to make sure that you and Paul are taking care of businessStick out tongue 

Someone needs to keep us on our toes. Big Smile

These are great questions you were asking.  I am sure a lot of other people were tempted to ask the same questions.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)