Method Community

Can Method track how much a customer spends

Last post 11-23-2014 5:22 PM by fran. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2014 3:15 PM

Can Method track how much a customer spends

I want to see how much my customer has spent with our company for the entire year.  Is there a way to do this?

• 11-13-2014 4:54 PM In reply to

Re: Can Method track how much a customer spends

Answer

Hello pookiefeb,

Here's my answer. There are multiple ways of achieving this. The simple way would be to set a filter view on a grid which search for invoices based on the dates mentioned by user. Once you have the desired invoices for that time period, you can filter them by customer name and it will display the invoices for that customer with total at the bottom of the grid.

In order to achieve this, create a copy of QuickBooks_Invoice screen, add two Datepicker object to the screen under the Existing Invoices grid.  Then edit the InvoiceList grid and go to step 3 of 9 , and create a new filter based on Txn Date within date range specified in the two Datepicker objects, save and close the wizard. Then add a button object under the Two date picker objects and assign action Set View Filter to your customized filter you created in above steps. Once the filter is set it will provide you all the invoices in the given date range, and then you can filter by name of customer to show the number of invoices associated with that customer and its total by searching the name of that customer in Customer:Job filter.

If you look at the above screenshot, you can find the invoices for a customer in any date range. In the same way you can search for any customer by typing in the name in that Customer:Job filter search.

You can also use our report designer to create reports in Method. Please check the video tutorials  for report designer to learn how to create your own report in Method.

Hope this helps!

-Inder

• 11-13-2014 6:43 PM In reply to

If you have access to QuickBooks, then the simplest way to do this would be to run the Sales by Customer Summary report in QuickBooks.  It's available in both QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online.  No need to re-invent the wheel in Method.

-Mary Longacre
  • 11-14-2014 7:55 AM In reply to

I am the salesperson in the company.  How can I track how much revenue I bring into the company.  I am bringing on new customers.  The customers we already have or house accounts do not count towards this.  

• 11-23-2014 5:22 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

So basically you want a Sales report showing all of your customers. which are New as of a certain date. Set up sceen as Inder suggested with Date (customer created date?) , Sales Rep fields Or Create a report created with Report Designer would be best - then you have option of printing or viewing on screen

Just some ideas...

Fran

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)