Method Community

Unable to save actions on text object that was copied multiple times

Last post 11-24-2014 1:40 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2014 6:41 AM

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

Unable to save actions on text object that was copied multiple times

I had a text object that included some actions. I copied the object three times and made minor changes to the actions. On the 3rd copy it no longer left me save my changes.

I tried the normal SOCC (sign out clear cache) and that didn't seem to work.

I simply added a new text box and created exactly the same actions with success.

Fortunately.... There is no wheel to wait on and creating actions is a breeze in method new compared to classic!

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 11-17-2014 3:51 PM In reply to

Re: Unable to save actions on text object that was copied multiple times

Hello Mahlon,

I couldn't replicate it on my account, It seems to be working fine. This is what I did. I added a text object and assign some action to it. Then I copied it three times and changed the actions little bit. It still gave me save option and I was able to save the changes. I am not sure why it did not work on your end. I am using Method in incognito mode in google chrome. Test it again and let me know if the issue is still there.

-Inder

• 11-17-2014 4:18 PM In reply to

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

It is possible that it could be related to the fact that it was a screen that had more sections and objects on it. I noticed when I had a more complex screen, the behavior was a little more unstable. Just need to remember to save and save often

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 11-24-2014 1:40 PM In reply to

More section and objects should not affect the working of the screen. In case, if this happens again, please let us know. So that we can check it and figure out what exactly might be causing that issue.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)