Method Community

Cant open new PDF files.

Last post 12-13-2014 10:53 AM by John M. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2014 12:21 PM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Re: Cant open new PDF files.

But, I think you said you could save the file, it was just missing some information?  Which could point to the Method report generator?  I really haven't done a good job of digesting all the behaviour you reported and I"m shooting from the hip trying to recollect problems I've had before.

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 12-11-2014 1:49 PM In reply to

Hey Jamie,

I tired what you said about removing it and it did not work.  I will start using E. Been a while since I used E and its pretty quick now.  This reminds me of when I troubleshoot irrigation wires.  Every once in a while, the wires are installed correctly, and everything tests out good but sometimes it just does not work.  

Thanks! 

John M

• 12-11-2014 2:38 PM In reply to

I got it to work.

I disabled the chome viewer and its downloading the pdf to my download list. Double click and i see it.  Works for me. 

I tested the save and email button and my cusomer can read it every time.  

I could make two buttons. One for downloading and the other to view.  Works for me.

John M

• 12-12-2014 8:22 AM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

That's good news.  Yeah, I've given up on that Chrome viewer before, and just used Firefox for awhile.  Sometimes eventually these things will fix themselves as updates come out.  There are settings down deep in Chrome for the adobe viewer, but I get tired of spending hours digging deep into a problem that will move as soon as new releases come out.

The Method team is really good about being responsive to updates to the OS and browser environments, but there are so many updates from MSoft, Google, Adobe etc. that it's got to be tough to keep up so I try to adopt some strategies that allow time for the environment to update and settle back down.  I like your solution.  It may not be necessary always, but it's a nice fallback solution and some users might like the choice of download of view.

Jamie

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 12-13-2014 10:53 AM In reply to

I am wondering if adobe reader is somehow getting in the way of all this. Its been a few days and so far everthing is working great.  

John M

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2