Method Community

Speed

Last post 01-22-2015 7:18 AM by furrywombat. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2015 7:14 AM

Speed

Love the new interface. However, nothing appears to be faster than the original, which was (is) our #1 issue with Method originally. Just an observation. Is Beta going to get an adrenaline shot before going live in terms of speed and power?

Best,

FW

• 01-02-2015 4:01 PM In reply to

Re: Speed

Answer

Hi FW,

The majority of the feedback we receive with regards to the speed of Method:New vs. Classic is positive. I myself generally find that New is more responsive and “snappier” than Classic. Is there anything in particular that you are noticing to be slow or is this just in general?

One area that you will definitely notice an improvement in speed is customization. Creating apps & screens, copying screens and saving changes to screens are all much faster than they are in classic.

It is difficult to say what the speed of Method:New will be like when it leaves beta, as it is still a work in progress. One of our main goals with New is to improve performance over Classic and this is definitely something that we are keeping in mind during the development of New.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-02-2015 4:28 PM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

I can see that it is a little faster in many cases, but not really up to par in terms of what I was expecting. It's great that speed of customization is increased, which takes a load off of me when developing, but I am more interested in snappy speeds for our troops, those who exist on the front lines and actually need that speed for 8-12 hours per day. What I can tell you is that Method speed is less a code issue than an over-consumption server resources issue, a point I've raised several times to no avail: offer a higher-priced package to those who want to pay for the extra speed. We would pay as much as 3X our current rate, for 3-5X the current power, which is being drained by other users.

Perhaps I set my expectations too high. I was expecting to click on something and SNAP, but no, we're still waiting 2-5 seconds for resources to load. Perhaps a couple seconds shaved off of the Classic counterpart, but nothing that would make me jump out of my seat. In fact, during periods of low user activity, I've experienced speeds (IN CLASSIC) that are as much as 10-20 times faster than what we have to live with on a daily basis. And it's me who has to live with a constant nagging reminder from our staff that our CRM is just too slow to keep a good momentum going.

Just food for thought. Do let me know if you end up deciding to offer a higher level of service for those who are willing to pay for it.

Best,

FW

• 01-22-2015 5:28 AM In reply to

I am also one who gets the nagging reminders from the "troops" about it taking 15 or more minutes sometimes to do a work order on the road because of speed.  Totally unacceptable amount of time.  I am however still using classic, I just wanted to comment that I too was believing that when the Beta is ready to go live, it will be MUCH faster and have a speedy mobile app that will work with tablets/iPads.  Hope this is true and I hope the speed issue is a real priority because my answer to the troops is always, "once the New Method comes out it will all be speedy". Waaaaa I didn't like reading that speed is still an issue. 

• 01-22-2015 7:18 AM In reply to

It's really sad, because I know the system is capable of moving at lightning speeds. I've experienced it myself several times during late-night coding binges. But the servers are just too overburdened to allow for it during normal business hours. Such a beautifully-constructed system, but spread soooo thin... Rawhhr! 

FW

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)