Method Community

Change width of first section

Last post 01-06-2015 3:46 PM by Method_Audisho. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2015 12:55 PM

• hkui
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2014
    • Posts 19

Change width of first section

Hi,

I'm having some trouble changing the width of a section in one of my screens.  It's in a tab section layout with the first section being displayed on the left side of the screen shown as 30%, but it doesn't seem to be 30%.  I've tried changing the % to 10% and 20% but the size won't change on the left hand section and I need to shrink it because it's taking up about 50% of the screen width...am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks! 

• 01-02-2015 1:29 PM In reply to

Re: Change width of first section

Hi,

Could it be that when you change the % you are not hitting the Finish button and the Publish button? When you return to your screen you have to wait a bit until it's done publishing and refreshing the page.

It could also be the amount of information you have on your left section. If it's a grid, the width of the fields and columns will be enough to fit the caption regardless of how small you make it; so look into reducing the characters of your captions maybe. 

The best way to diagnose your issue is if you send us a screenshot maybe.

Marwan

Marwan Dajani
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 01-04-2015 1:21 PM In reply to

• hkui
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2014
    • Posts 19

Hi Marwan,

I've sent you an email with the screenshot; I had some issues pasting the image in a forum reply.

-Hanley

• 01-05-2015 9:58 AM In reply to

Hi Hanley,

It seems that everything looks fine. Can you send me a screenshot of the customization screen (on Advanced -> Step 1 of 5)? It could also be a browser issue, if so, your best option is to call our Method support team and ask them to walk you through it.

Marwan

Marwan Dajani
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 01-06-2015 3:46 PM In reply to

Answer

Hello Methoders,

Just in case any of you were following this thread, Hanley called into support and I had a look at this. The reason this was happening was because he had a grid in the left section of the screen that required more than 30% of the space on the screen. This grid was pushing the section past the 30% that was specified in the screen desginer. Just a heads-up in case anyone runs into this in the future that a grid that takes up a lot of horizontal space can expand the left section beyond the desired amount. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)