Method Community

Filter future occurences in series from activity grid

Last post 01-06-2015 4:58 PM by Method_Marwan. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2015 8:55 AM

• BLCPA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-05-2015
    • Posts 7

Filter future occurences in series from activity grid

Is it possible to create a filter in the activity grid that will omit all future occurences in a series and include only the next upcoming one?

For instance, one of my staff has a small but important task that has to be completed twice a week.  When she looks at her upcoming tasks for the month, I don't want her to see 60 occurences of this one task.  This makes it overwhelming and more difficult to see important, larger projects due later in the month.  I would prefer that the next occurence only appear once the previous occurence has been completed (i.e. Thursday's task only appears once Tuesday's task has been completed).  This is similar to how tasks function in Outlook.

Are there any filter settings that could be applied to pull this off? 

• 01-06-2015 4:58 PM In reply to

Re: Filter future occurences in series from activity grid

Answer

Hello,

It is possible and takes quite the customization:

1) Add 2 DatePicker objects; the first one call it 'Today's Date' and check the 'Use Today's Date/Time' checkbox as the default, the second one call it 'Date' and don't do anything to it. Make sure they are hidden (if you want)

2) Go to Advanced and on screen load you will add 2 actions: 1. Date Add with Starting date being pulled from screen form 'Today's Date', make the date/time interval Days, then set the Number to add as the number of days you want to see (so if you want to display activities coming within the week, put in 7), give your action result a name, 'getWeek' I guess is a good name.. 2. Enter your action result into the Date Object - use enter value onto screen

3) Edit the Activity grid and on the filters screen, create a new filter view (we will make this view display activities coming in the next week). Copy the filters that are in the 'My Active Occurences In The Future', you will add a new filter from DueDateStart that will be Less than or equal to value on screen which will be Date.

4) save and publish

This should show you all the activities that are coming in however number of days you specify filtering your recourring activities, BUT it will not show you more than that. You could however completely hide recurring activities, but I'm not sure if you want to do that. If you want to show everything after the days specified except for the recurring activites is going to be very difficult due to limitations in the platform; however, it does make sense theoretically if you use advanced SQL overrides.

extra - you could get fancy and make the Date object visible and make it dynamic so that you see in the future as much as you specify. You can do that by assigning the number of days to an action result and pull it from your filter view.

Hope that was helpful,

Marwan 

Marwan Dajani
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)