Method Community

Dropdown field

Last post 01-19-2015 2:15 PM by Method_Morty. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2015 2:29 PM

Dropdown field

I created a dropdown field in the fixed asset item table called "air filter" based on the item inventory table. I want to be able to select a particular air filter part number for a particular piece of equipment.

But when I place the field in the screen (fixed asset item table) when the screen first loads i see the inventory in the dropdown, but when the screen has a active Id record nothing shows in the dropdown only a lot of numbers.

What am I doing wrong?

I GOT IT, I WAS USING A DROPDOWN FIELD INSTEAD OF A DROPDOWN OBJECT, I CHANGED IT AND IT IS WORKING WONDERFULLY

THANKS

• 01-16-2015 11:09 PM In reply to

Re: Dropdown field

I spoke to soon, the dropdown fields are working, but when I save the screen for one record Id and i select a different recordId the value is saved there too.

• 01-16-2015 11:38 PM In reply to

Ok, I created the fields in the fixed asset item table, and inserted them into the screen, and it seems to be working fine, the only problem I have now is that the first column is the recordId and that it not what I want, and I dont see how to changed that

• 01-17-2015 10:30 AM In reply to

I got them to display the way I wanted, but when I try to select one of the choices of the dropdown it won't let me, nothing happens

This is what I did

Screen is based on fixed asset item table, the dropdowns are based on inventory item table

1. Edit fixed asset item table and added a dropdown field based on item inventory table to link both tables

2. Added a linked field ponting to the field that I want in the first column " manufacturerpartnumber"

3. Created a new field (dropdown) based on item inventory table, finished editing table

4 Placed new field on screen.

Why can I select a value?

• 01-19-2015 2:15 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Marcelo,

The reason why you're having that problem is because you are relating a table to itself. The two tables you are working with are actually the same table. The exception being is that it's just different views of the same table. 

The best alternate you have is to add a new text field to the table, add a dropdown object on screen and use it to populate the text field.

Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)