Method Community

Google Calendar Sync Issue

Last post 10-17-2015 3:13 AM by jerrythomasnyk. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2015 6:31 AM

Google Calendar Sync Issue

Just a heads up.  After the new sign in was established last night, the "enable sync" for syncing with Google Calendar was unchecked for all of my user's.  Needed to check it, click enable sync, which only resulted in the box becoming unchecked.  However repeating the process twice and sometimes three times, did work to re-enable the sync.

• 03-06-2015 6:39 AM In reply to

Re: Sync Issue

Hi Maureen,

I’m sorry to hear that you were running into this issue, but am glad to hear that it seems to be working now. We will look into this and try and determine why this happened. Keep an eye on it and post back here if the option becomes unchecked on its own again. We can create a case with you to investigate further if necessary.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 03-06-2015 7:06 AM In reply to

Actually, there is still a problem, as it is Not sync automatically.

• 03-06-2015 9:36 AM In reply to

Hello everyone,

If anyone is following this thread, Maureen called into support and I walked her through resetting her Google Open ID, however this did not resolved the issue. I tested this on my account as well and my Google calendar is not syncing either. A few other people here at Method HQ have confirmed this as well.

At this time, it appears that the Google calendar auto-sync is down. I have created a ticket for the development team to look into this and will post back here with any updates.

For the time being, for your Google calendar to be updated, you will need to initiate the sync manually. This can be done in Method by hovering over your username in the top right corner of the page, navigating to My Profile > Google Calendar and selecting the Sync now button.

I hope to have an update for you shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 03-08-2015 9:16 PM In reply to

I'm just curious is this has been resolved or if there is an ETA on the resolution...it is a major issue for us as we balance our routes through Google Calendar after using the optimize option in the route maps.  It seems to require multiple manual syncs and/or re-enabling the checkbox (which clears by itself) then Save/Close then return and Sync Now, etc. before it finally goes through.

• 03-10-2015 6:58 AM In reply to

While the problem was temporarily fixed, It stopped working again.  Not only does it not automatically sync, it unchecks the enable box when you select the sync now, then you have to recheck the enable box and choose sync now again.  You can then choose sync now numerous times, but it appears that if you leave and come back, the process of unchecking the enable box happens again when you choose sync now.  This auto sync feature is really an integral part of how we use Method.  I am hoping the developement team can resolve this quickly.

Thanks

Maureen

• 03-11-2015 4:15 PM In reply to

I don't know if it might be related, but various times when I have logged on I get this message when I attempt to go to my profile "

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

I can still do work, but can not access my profile to look at items like my google sync.

• 03-13-2015 10:23 AM In reply to

Answer

Hello everyone,

This issue should be resolved. Please see here for further details and additional troubleshooting tips. If you are still having issues, please give our support line a call at 1.888.925.6238 x2. Thanks again for your patience in dealing with this issue. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 03-17-2015 6:24 PM In reply to

So far so good!  Thank you for helping with this issue.

• 10-17-2015 3:13 AM In reply to

Re: Google Calendar Sync Issue

Hi,

You can enable Google calendar go to setting->Labs.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)