Method Community

Work Order Instructions in Custom Report

Last post 04-01-2015 11:53 AM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-01-2015 10:48 AM

Work Order Instructions in Custom Report

Im creating a custom print template in Method Report Designer. I believe we use the Work Order Instructions field to lay out what our scope of work is for any given job. I cannot seem to get this field to print with our new template. Currently i am adding the "Activity:WorkOrderInstructions" field to the report but again nothing is populating here If anyone could guide me on how to make this work properly it would be greatly appreciated.

• 04-01-2015 11:20 AM In reply to

Re: Work Order Instructions in Custom Report

Hi Mattohm,

I tried this and it’s working perfectly for me. I even changed the modified report to the default in Method and tested generating the PDF. This worked perfectly as well.

After adding the Activity:WorkOrderInstructions field, you do need to save the template before it will be displayed in the preview section of Report Designer. You also need to make sure that you are using the custom template in Method. You can do this from a work order by selecting Activities… > Customize Templates and verifying that you have selected your custom template for Default Work Order Template (Print).

If you’re using a custom work order screen, you will also need to verify that you are using the correct field. It’s possible that the Activity:WorkOrderInstructions field was replaced. Also make sure that you are looking at a work order that has data in this field.

Once you have verified this, please post back here and let me know if you are still having this issue.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-01-2015 11:37 AM In reply to

Hi Method_Audisho,

I made a mistake i was actually looking for the "Job Name" field, we have it renammed in our add/edit work order screen. Im looking in report designer for the field but cant seem to find it. Any thoughts on where it may be located?

• 04-01-2015 11:53 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Mattohm,

The Job Name field from the work order screen is actually the Activity:Comments field. Try adding this to your template and let me know if this is what you are looking for.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)