Method Community

How to Mass assign different sales rep customer to a sales rep in table?

Last post 04-15-2015 5:01 AM by Jonathan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-06-2015 11:23 PM

How to Mass assign different sales rep customer to a sales rep in table?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to have a button which assign ticked account to specific sales rep?

I want to create a specific table for managers where they have ability to check more than 1 account and assign to new sales rep. But I couldn't find the correct action after clicking a button. Does anyone has idea how to make this button?

Thank you.

• 04-07-2015 9:11 AM In reply to

Re: How to Mass assign different sales rep customer to a sales rep in table?

Answer

Hi Jonathan,

I wrote a Help Center article that details doing this using the Import / Export tool that you may want to look at. This is a good option if you don’t do this very often.

I’ve also created a simple screen that can perform this. This is a better option if you will be doing this often. I based the screen on the Entity table, but if you’re only going to be using this for customers, you may want to use the Customer table instead.

All you need is a grid that displays the table’s records, a drop down object that displays the SalesRep table’s records and a button. Make sure to add a checkbox column to the grid so that you can select the records you want to update.

The only actions you need on the button Start Loop Through Grid, Update Field In Table and End Loop Through Grid. Make sure to loop through Only checked rows or you will end up changing the value for all records. The update table in field action will the change the value of the SalesRep field to whatever you have selected from the drop down on your screen. Here’s what the actions look like:

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-12-2015 10:37 PM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

What is the different if I use Entity table and Customer table? I thought SalesRep's for each account only has 1 recordID.

I already tried creating new screen with Entity table and Contact Table which is linked via Entity but still got no luck. Sales Rep wasn't changing. Would you mind having a check with screen name CRM_AssignCustomer and Account cbid (I've already open the Method User)?

These are the screenshots,

Table

Table action

Update Action

Thank you

• 04-13-2015 8:42 AM In reply to

Hi Jonathan,

The Entity table contains your customers, leads, vendors, employees and other names. The Customer table is a view of the Entity table containing only your customers and leads. I hope this clears things up.

Your button and actions look correct. Double check that your “New Sales Rep” drop down is grabbing the values from the SalesRep table. Also verify that your Start Loop Through Grid action is correct. Maybe the criteria in this action are not matching any records. You can also post screen shots of these here for me to take a look.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 04-13-2015 10:29 PM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

This is the screenshot on how the "New Sales Rep" drop down is taking the Rep. I take the list from SalesRep Table and use SalesRepName as the field. Or Should I take the SalesRep from Entity Table?

Please advise.

• 04-14-2015 8:33 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Jonathan,

You need to use the SalesRep.Initial field and not the SalesRep.SalesRepName. The initial is what is stored in the Customer.SalesRep field so your dropdown needs to match. Make this change to your dropdown then post back here and let me know if that fixed it.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 04-15-2015 5:01 AM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

OK it worked now :)

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)