Method Community

Customized Invoice doesn't transfer to new Method apps

Last post 04-16-2015 6:14 PM by Tami. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2015 1:15 PM

• Tami
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2014
    • Posts 13

Customized Invoice doesn't transfer to new Method apps

Good Afternoon,

I have a customized invoice in "old method".  My tech was attempting to use the new site today and noticed several issues with the app side:

1).  The amount field is accepting only whole numbers not decimals

2).  I have a box to place an RO # that no longer shows up

3).  There are way more fields on the invoice when you select print

4).  My approved by box is missing

5).  It is not emailing the customer the copy of the invoice when it's complete.

Do I have to go back thru the set-up process to customize or can it be done behind the scenes?

Thank you.

Tami

Dr. Vinyl of Central NM, LLC

• 04-07-2015 3:20 PM In reply to

Re: Customized Invoice doesn't transfer to new Method apps

Answer

Hi Tami,

I’ll do my best to answer each of your questions:

1) The Amount field is actually a calculation of QTY * Rate. If this calculation ends in a whole number, then this is why you are not seeing a decimal value.

2) Your Method New (M:N) account will be completely stock. Any customization that you have done in Method Classic (M:C) will not carry over to M:N at this time. We do have plans to develop a tool that will migrate customization to M:N, but I can’t provide an ETA for when this will be available.

3) The print templates that you have set as your defaults in M:C are the ones that will be used when you select Print in M:N. You can change these in M:C by navigating to a transaction screen (estimates, invoices etc.) and selecting More Actions… > Customize Print Templates. The ability to set your default print templates in M:N has not yet been added.

4) See 2…

5) In M:N, the workflow for sending a transaction email is a bit different. It’s no longer attached to the Save button. If you would like to send a transaction email, simply select the Email button on the New / Edit transaction page.

If you haven’t yet, I recommend that you bookmark the Method New Help Center. The Method Apps section goes through each M:N app in detail.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-16-2015 6:14 PM In reply to

• Tami
    • Top 500 Contributor