Method Community

Mobile Version

Last post 04-10-2015 8:25 AM by Method_Audisho. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2015 1:41 PM

Mobile Version

The mobile version view is very limited, only showing customer list.  When I log in on a desktop with regular classic version, it allows me to choose different customer flitered views like "Shared customers with balance over 0"  How can I get a view like that in the mobile version?

• 04-09-2015 2:44 PM In reply to

Re: Mobile Version

Hi lzimmerle,

These filters do not exist on the mobile customers screen by default. Just like almost everything in Method, you can add these filters to the screen through customization.

I recommend that you take a look at the grid filters on the CRM_CustomerList screen and create matching filters on the Mobile_Customers screen to your liking. Post back here and let me know if you need any help with this.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-09-2015 11:58 PM In reply to

I do not have any idea how to create filters or customize screens.  Forgive me, but you will have to give me step by step instructions.

Thank you

Lori

• 04-10-2015 12:07 AM In reply to

I tried to view Mobile_Customers screen and I get an error:(see below)  I followed instructions and gave permissions to all users and logged out and then signed in again and still get this error.

Welcome to Method Mobile.

Unfortunately, you either do not have any mobile-optimized screens, or you have not been given permission to access them.

Normally, this can be solved by asking your administrator to do the following:
    1. Go to Customize > Tab Groups.
    2. Edit the "Mobile Users" tab group.
    3. Place a checkbox beside all the users who should have access to the screens found in the Mobile Users tab group.
    4. Click Finish.
    5. Try signing in again.
    Here are some other troubleshooting tips:
    1. Only screens that are marked with "Optimize for mobile device." in the Advanced area of the designer screen are available here.
    2. Users will only see screens that are assigned to a Tab under one of the Tab Group they are granted access to.
  • 04-10-2015 8:25 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Lori,

If you’re unfamiliar with customization and are interesting in diving into it yourself, our customization webinars are a good place to start. Giving you step-by-step instructions if you have no prior knowledge of customization in Method goes beyond what I can really provide you on the forums. If you watch the videos and have some clarifying questions afterwards however, I’m happy to answer them.

Alternatively, you can have customization done by our Professional Services team. Please speak with your account manager for further details if you are interested in this. I can also have your account manager reach out to you if you like. Just let me know.

lzimmerle:

I tried to view Mobile_Customers screen and I get an error:(see below)  I followed instructions and gave permissions to all users and logged out and then signed in again and still get this error.

Unfortunately, you cannot view a mobile screen in this fashion. You’re best off doing any testing on a mobile device by signing in to the mobile site. Mobile screens don’t always function correctly on a desktop browser. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)