Method Community

Customize CRM_NewLead Screen

Last post 04-13-2015 8:55 AM by Method_Audisho. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2015 5:07 PM

I added an object to my CRM_NewLead(Copy) screen which is a dropdown. I also added the same object to my CRM_EditLead(2) screen but the values selected do not persist, they disappear if I add a new lead, go somewhere else then return to that contact the dropdowns are blank on either screen. They are not being associated to the lead when I save it. Please help

• 04-10-2015 5:22 PM In reply to

Re: Customize CRM_NewLead Screen

This is me replying to my own post to give you more information to please help me. I'm losing my data!!!!!!!

help 2

• 04-13-2015 8:55 AM In reply to

Re: Customize CRM_NewLead Screen

Answer

Hi sales@ravedecorgroup.com,

The reason that this data is not saving is that you are adding a dropdown object to the screen instead of a dropdown field. The difference is an object simply displays data and requires actions to actually do anything with that data. A field is stored on the table and simply requires a save action (usually save all sections) to save the data to the record. Since most screens already contain this action, you simply need to add the field.

If you want to add a custom dropdown field to your leads, first add it to the Customer table under Customize > Tables / Fields. Once you have added the dropdown field to the table, it will be accessible in the screen designer under Add Fields on the left hand side.

If you’re going to be doing your own customization, I recommend that you first watch our customization webinars. They’re a little bit dated, but they’re still a good place to start. Alternatively, our professional services team can perform customization to your specifications. Please reach out to your account manager for further details if you are interested in this.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)