Method Community

Custom Reporting - Display record counts with specified criteria?

Last post 04-19-2015 5:52 PM by fran. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2015 10:58 AM

Custom Reporting - Display record counts with specified criteria?

Hi...I am looking for some instruction (or to be told "can't be done") to generate a report to replace me exporting to excel and creating a pivot table.

i have created the following fields

Industry

Marketing Period (1,2,3,etc) - to reflect when i market to a lead..1=january, etc.

right now i export the lead list to excel and create a pivot table with the following record counts and filters:

Restaurants

1 = 34

2 = 37

3 = 12

4 = 34

and so on.

i do this so that i know to even things out, the new leads should go to marketing period 3.

would it be possible to do this directly in method?

i.e. filter on industry and show count of marketing period?

thanks,

• 04-13-2015 9:06 AM In reply to

Re: Custom Reporting - Display record counts with specified criteria?

Answer

Hi mholden,

You can create a report with a pivot grid using Report Designer. Take a look at solution No 415 in our Help Center for directions on doing this. There are also a couple of videos at the bottom of the article that demonstrate this process.

There is a tonne of stuff that you can automate with Report Designer. If you’re interested, I definitely recommend that you watch all of our tutorial videos on the subject.

Take a look at the resources above and post back here if you have any questions.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-15-2015 5:43 PM In reply to

ok.  watched the videos.  very helpful!

however, i am not seeing my report in the report section.  I created a report on the "entity" table.  Should i be able to see that under leads and customers?  since there is no lead or customer table i don't know how to get my report to show up under these areas.

in the example, the "Contacts" table shows up under customers.  is that the table i should be using?

thanks,

• 04-15-2015 6:56 PM In reply to

i built this report with the contact table and it seems to be ok.

thanks!

• 04-16-2015 8:40 AM In reply to

mholden:

ok.  watched the videos.  very helpful!

however, i am not seeing my report in the report section.  I created a report on the "entity" table.  Should i be able to see that under leads and customers?  since there is no lead or customer table i don't know how to get my report to show up under these areas.

in the example, the "Contacts" table shows up under customers.  is that the table i should be using?

thanks,

Hi mholden,

The base table will depend on where your custom fields are and whether you track this data on a per customer or a per contact basis.

The Entity table is the table that holds all of your customers, leads, employees, vendors and other names. The Customer table is a view of the Entity table. This view is filtered to only contain customers and leads. You can differentiate the two by the IsLeadStatusOnly field. Lead will have a value of Yes and customers will have a value of No.

I’m glad you were able to get this working. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-19-2015 5:52 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

One other thing with PIVOT grids, you need to place your grid in a group header, page header not in Detail section of report. 

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)