Method Community

Mobile Customer screen does not display transactions

Last post 04-14-2015 11:14 AM by Method_Audisho. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-13-2015 7:21 PM

Mobile Customer screen does not display transactions

Hello,

I had customized the Mobile Customer screen several months ago because sales receipts were not showing an amount correctly.  I wanted to do some further customizing so I could filter it to only show customers with balances.  I tried modify my screen and it would not work.  I tried to create a new screen by copying the original screen and have tried multiple times and now it does not show any transactions.  It freezes on the transaction screen and just shows loading grid, but it never loads.  Please help!

Thank you

• 04-14-2015 8:24 AM In reply to

Re: Mobile Customer screen does not display transactions

Hi lzimmerle,

What is the name of the screen that you customized? Have you tried replacing it with the stock screen and does the issue still occur on the stock screen?

Where are you testing the screen? Have you tried on a mobile device or are you using a desktop browser? Have you tried a different browser? Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies and cached files?

Let me know if you’d like me to sign in to your account and take a peek. I’ll see if I can reproduce the issue on my end. Just let me know how I can navigate to the screen.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-14-2015 9:59 AM In reply to

Mobile Customer sceen.  I've tried to replace it with the stock screen several times by copying the screen and choosing replace links.  I have an android phone that I use to test the screen becasue that is the device I use to view customers when out of the office.  I copy screen.  Publish it.  Then save and close and log out.  THen I go to my phone and log in and try to look at customers and pick one and try to veiw transactions fot that customer and it says loading grid, but never goes beyond that. I have also tried to log in the mobile version on my desktop computer too and get the same thing.   I have checked the box in my user account to allow Method access so you can see my account for yourself and see if you can find problem.  The original customized screen is labeled Mobile_Customers(4) and the one I tried to copy the stock screen is Mobile_Customers(8).  If you log into the mobile version on a phone or even my computer, when you choose a customer from the list and then choose the Transactions tab for that customer, it just says load "Loading grid" but doesn't go beyond that.  In the customer list, try "Allen, Shannon"  She has several transactions that should be there.  THank you.

• 04-14-2015 10:23 AM In reply to

Hi lzimmerle,

I am able to reproduce this issue using your custom screen. I placed a tab link to the stock Mobile_Customers screen in your Mobile tab. This can be seen as Customers (Stock). The transactions grid loads fine on this screen. It appears that you broke the gird on your custom screen the last time that you were customizing it.

I recommend that you verify the grid columns and filters. Make sure that all the columns still exist and that all the requirements for the filters are met (i.e. you’re not missing any fields or objects that the filters rely on).

If you can’t figure this out, you are going to need to start from scratch and re-do your customization to a copy of the stock screen. In order to prevent having to do this in the future, if you are going to make changes to a screen that you have customized, it is good practice to first make a copy of the screen. This way you can revert back to the previous version if any errors occur. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 04-14-2015 11:02 AM In reply to

Ok, I see the transactions again.  However, now I have the original problem I had last year, where sales receipts show as 0. (See customer Bernstein) They walked me through channging the amount field to reflect the amount properly see below. Since my original custom screen no longer works, I can't copy it.  These are the steps they gave me last time, but I'm afraid to break it this time.  What screen name did you create?  I don't know which one to modify.

Hello lzimmerie,

The two fields are labelled the same on each the regular and mobile screen but are actually two different fields.  The regular screen uses the Amount field and the mobile customer transaction screen uses the AmountForEntityBalance field.  Here are the steps to modify your mobile screen to use the Amount field instead of the AmountForEntityBalance field.

1. In the regular login, go to Customize -> Screens and find the Mobile_Customers screen in the list.
    2.  Hover over the name and click copy.  Follow the copy wizard.  You want to copy the screen from your account and replace the links.

3. In the screen designer for the new customized screen, click Show on the Transaction section. 

4.  Click Edit… on the transaction grid. Go to Step 2 in the grid wizard.  Set the Field value to Amount.  You can caption it as 'Amount'.  Click Insert Column.  You can delete the AmountForEntityBalance field if you like.

• 04-14-2015 11:14 AM In reply to

Hi lzimmerle,

The working stock screen is Mobile_Customers. Just make a copy of this screen and perform your customization on this copy. You can change what screens your mobile tab links point to by selecting Edit Tab Links… under Customize > Tabs > Mobile and selecting the screen from the dropdown to the right of the tab link name. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)