Method Community

Adding, Deleting or Modifying dropdown items in the list

Last post 04-14-2015 3:47 PM by Method_Audisho. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-14-2015 3:05 PM

• msfeld
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-14-2015
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 4

Adding, Deleting or Modifying dropdown items in the list

I am the Admin user for 2 new Method Accounts (2 different clients).

I am trying to change or add items to the following dropdown lists.

Please advise if these lists can be modified and if so how to do so since the instructions are not complete:

Under Leads

Type (which has 4 items only and limited in scope), Lead Status  (I need an additional one like Never or NOT A LEAD)

Since I need all of my clients contacts to be uploaded into Method and the only option is to make them a Customer/Contact (not wanted because I don't want them sync'd to QB) or Lead (not really) what I really need is Contact Only (not associated to any Customer) and not a Lead (like personal, family or other contacts)

Please advise

• 04-14-2015 3:18 PM In reply to

Re: Adding, Deleting or Modifying dropdown items in the list

I was actually just doing this when I saw this email.  Go to Cases, click on New Cases.  For the Status, click on the elipsis (...) on the right and a screen will pop up allowing you to edit, delete, add, etc.

For the Type, put a check mark in the Additional Information box and a window will open with the Type on the right side.  Click on the elipsis and the same options are there for Types.

Mario

• 04-14-2015 3:47 PM In reply to

Re: Adding, Deleting or Modifying dropdown items in the list

Hi msfeld,

There are a couple of ways that you can go about doing this. If you are only going to be adding additional options to these fields very rarely or only once, the quickest option would be to import new values into these tables using the Import / Export tool. The tables are LeadStatus and CustomerType.

Your alternative, if you are going to be adding values to these fields on a regular basis, is to create a screen in Method that allows you to add, modify and remove records from these tables. A good example of a screen like this is the New / Edit Lead Sources (CRM_OpportunityLeadSourceList) screen. You can see this screen by selecting the ellipsis button to the right of the Lead Source dropdown.

You can use this screen as a reference to create your LeadStatusList and CustomerTypeList screens. The ellipsis button is added to the dropdown when you add actions to the Button Click event on the dropdown. I hope this helps.

MarioHerbst:

I was actually just doing this when I saw this email.  Go to Cases, click on New Cases.  For the Status, click on the elipsis (...) on the right and a screen will pop up allowing you to edit, delete, add, etc.

For the Type, put a check mark in the Additional Information box and a window will open with the Type on the right side.  Click on the elipsis and the same options are there for Types.

Mario,

These fields / screens are for case types and case statuses. Msfield was referring lead types and lead statuses. These are completely different tables / values.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)