Method Community

Gadget default field length

Last post 12-02-2020 11:19 PM by arohaply. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-14-2015 6:30 PM

Gadget default field length

I'm liking the Gmail Gadget however not fond of the situation when adding an "activity" that it truncates the message...  is there a way to change the default field length from 250 characters to full email message length?

BBQ Brian

• 04-15-2015 8:35 AM In reply to

Re: Gadget default field length

Answer

Hi BBQ Brian,

The activity comments are a short summary of the activity itself. The idea is that you summarize what is discussed in the email so that it is easier to locate a specific activity at a later date. While you can copy the entire email and paste it into the comments section, there is no way to increase the number of characters that are auto filled into the comments from the gadget.

You might be interested to know that when you create an activity from the Gmail gadget, it logs the entirety of your email thread. You can see this in the activity you created on the right hand side.

With this workflow, you can easily locate the activity in Method based on the comments. If you need to see additional information all you need to do is open the activity. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-15-2015 11:45 AM In reply to

So, within the gadget you DO NOT need to copy the whole message into the note field?  That's not what I would have thought...

Brian

• 04-15-2015 12:32 PM In reply to

Hi Brian,

That’s right! The entire message is copied into the Send an Email section of the activity automatically. If you’ve been logging activities with the gadget, you can probably already see this by simply locating one of these activities in Method.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-15-2015 12:38 PM In reply to

Gotcha.  I guess another lesson here is to usethe "Notes" field for well, notes...  rather than the email message.

Thanks

Brian

• 12-02-2020 11:19 PM In reply to

I Love this topic. Thanks for sharing this topic with us. To get the best mobile repair service at home by expert technicians. Huawei Service Center Dubai is a big name in this telecommunication industry. For more details visit our website.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)