Method Community

Product Suggestion; Alert Admin That There Are Conflicts To Resolve.

Last post 03-02-2020 3:29 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2015 10:39 AM

Product Suggestion; Alert Admin That There Are Conflicts To Resolve.

I know that an alert message appears that says there are conflicts to recolve pops us as part of the Method Sync Engine messaging while it's processing, but we don't always sit and watch those messages scrolling by. Nor is it intutiive how to go and find out if there are conflicts.  

It would be great if the Admin could be alerted to conflicts needing to be resolved in other ways as well as the Method Sync Engine messaging. Could a, You Have Conflicts To Resolve, alert message and/or email push be part of Method’s inherent features so that these alerts sent to the Admin user when there were Conflicts to Resolve? Maybe it could be a checkbox option that says something like, “Send Alerts to the Admin when there are conflicts to be resolved.” Or, maybe allow the Admin to set a certain number of conflicts as a threshold afterwhich they'd like to be alerted. This way they aren’t being alerted upon each conflict. Unless, of course, they want to be alerted on each conflict because some users might want to be alerted. Some users might find conflicts to be so important to fix that they must be alerted upon each conflict. Or, maybe a message gets popped up on their login screen that says, You Have Conflicts To Resolve., and or an email is sent to them. Yep, I see the different possibilities can get complex fast, so maybe that's why a, You Have Conflicts To Resolve, alert isn't inherent in the product as of yet. But, I can hope....

Dave 

David Gutierrez
    CEO Services
  • 04-23-2015 11:26 AM In reply to

Re: Product Suggestion; Alert Admin That There Are Conflicts To Resolve.

Answer

Hi Dave,

I was pretty sure that this has been requested before, but I can’t find the ticket for it. This sounds like a great idea, but would certainly be a large undertaking for our development team who are extremely busy at the moment trying to get Method New (M:N) ready for launch.

I’ll create a feature request ticket for this. I’m certain that this won’t make it into Method Classic (M:C), but is certainly a possibility for a future addition to M:N. Again, this sounds like a great feature, but there may be some technical reasons why this doesn’t exist. I’ll post back here and let you know if that’s the case.

Thanks for the feedback! It’s impossible for us to evolve Method without it and it’s always appreciated!

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-25-2015 7:45 PM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

I totally understand. The focus is V2, and so I can see it will be a back burner request. Thanks for getting back to me.

Dave

David Gutierrez
    CEO Services
  • 02-20-2020 6:40 AM In reply to

Are the conflicts recorded to a data table? We also need to monitor a number of items and would like to do some reporting via your API.

Thanks.

• 03-02-2020 3:29 PM In reply to

Hi Boblaw,

Conflicts get recorded to the data table called "OuntingConflicts". You can find all the conflicts in the account. Can you elaborate on what kind of reporting you are looking for?

Inder

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)