Method Community

Method without Quickbooks

Last post 04-23-2015 1:34 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2015 12:18 PM

Method without Quickbooks

We are currently in the middle of a merger with a larger company and our quickbooks is going away before we get our CRM data into their CRM system.  I was wondering if we discontinue the quickbooks server if we can continue to access data currently in the Method Database and also add any new customers data into the database up and until we cut over to the new CRM system at end of year.  I understand that we will no longer have any financial stuff available but we use this more for tracking customer issues and work done.

Thank you,

Greg - WaveTec

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 04-23-2015 1:34 PM In reply to

Re: Method without Quickbooks

Hi Greg,

Let me start by stating that Method’s functionality was designed and built around syncing with QuickBooks (QB). The best recommendation that I can give you is to continue syncing with your QB file, even if you are not keeping your transactions up-to-date. This will ensure that Method continues to function the way that it is intended to.

Alternatively, you can stop syncing, but issues may arise. You should have no problems viewing data that is already in Method. Entering new data is where you can potentially run into issues. Problems can occur that require you to perform a synchronization with QB to resolve. An example of this would be a table becoming locked.

If you are going to go the route of using Method without syncing, keep an installation of QB and your file handy on one of your computers. This does not have to be your server. If you end up having to perform a sync for any reason, you will at least be prepared to do so.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)