Method Community

Adding Doc Management to Customer Portal

Last post 05-05-2010 9:02 AM by Method_Valbon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-24-2010 5:06 PM

Adding Doc Management to Customer Portal

Hi,

Love the document management feature added to Method.  I'm using it with documents associated with cases I'm working on for clients.  However, currently, when clients use the third-party customer portal on my website, they cannot add a document (like a screen shot or other document) when they ask a question.  Do I need addtional html added to my page, or is this something that will be added later?

Thanks!

Tim Grant
    Owner, Business Solutions Providers
    San Francisco
  • 04-26-2010 1:38 PM In reply to

Re: Adding Doc Management to Customer Portal

Answer

I agree! The new document feature is pretty slick.

The third-party portal is simply a group of screens under one Method tab for your portal. You can easily customize those screens to include a button that will perform document upload / attachment functions. The HTML code should be generated for you. Smile

The current third-party portal screens were not updated to include a document upload feature. We’ll definitely take your feedback into consideration and see if it is somethign we plan to add at a later date.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 05-04-2010 9:04 AM In reply to

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

I’m not sure how to do this. The ‘Document Library’ screen is blank in Method Full Blown editon. The ‘DocumentLibraryFolder’ has folders, and I can add folders, but how do I add documents? What are the actions in this button that I am to create to cause this to happen?

Tim Grant
    Owner, Business Solutions Providers
    San Francisco
  • 05-05-2010 9:02 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Tim,

One approach to this is to have a file attachment field for each file or document that will be attached. You can add these fields to the Cases table which would let you attach documents to the case.

Alternatively you can mimic some of the actions on the ‘Link or Upload…’ button found on the Cases screen. This button shows the Document Library screen which lets you link a document to the selected case.

The Document Library screen is not blank, if you customize that screen you will actually see all the sections are hidden. The proper section will show depending on how the screen is being called. Take a look at the on screen load actions.

We had a webinar around this topic just last week. I’ve included the link to Community Webinar 24: Method CRM - Documents, Dashboard and Opportunity Stages.

Hope this helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)