Method Community

Importing Data from Salesforce

Last post 04-23-2015 4:14 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2015 3:43 PM

Importing Data from Salesforce

Hello, 

DOes anyone know of a simple way that we could import all our cases and case activities from Salesforce into Methcrm. 

Thank you 

Ken 

• 04-23-2015 4:14 PM In reply to

Re: Importing Data from Salesforce

Hi Ken,

You will need to first export your data from Salesforce to a CSV file. I’m not too familiar with Salesforce, but it looks like you might be able to do this by generating a report.

You will need to modify this file before importing it into Method, as the field names and data requirements will differ between Method and Salesforce. To to this, I recommend that you export the Activity table from Method using the Import / Export tool. You can use the CSV that you export from Method to help make the necessary modifications to the CSV exported from Salesforce. Most importantly this means modifying the field names to match Method’s field names.

You will also need to verify that each activities’ contact matches the corresponding contact in Method exactly. If you do not do this, you may end up with activities that are not linked to contacts.

Once you have completed your data verification, you can perform your import. The import tool does have some limitations in terms of the amount of data it can accept at one time. If you are importing more than 5000 records, it is recommended that you split your file up into 5000 or less records each per file. If you do not do this, the import process may time out.

If you have any follow up questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Alternatively, if you do not feel confident in doing this yourself or do not have the time, you can hire our professional services team to do this for you. If you are interested in this, please let me know and I will have your account manager reach out to you to discuss.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)