Method Community

Changing QB Company Files

Last post 05-01-2015 2:15 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2015 12:17 PM

Changing QB Company Files

I have customized Method by adding Tables/Fields for Customers and Products and have entered data into those new fields.  We had it syncronized with QB Online.  For various reasons we are starting a 'new' QB Company that will have all the same Customers and Products but they now have different Item/Customer Numbers assigned by QB

Is there a way to maintain all my customizations but connect successfully to the new QB company without creating duplicates Items/Customers and/or errors?  I do have all the additional data that I added to those items and Customers in Excel so if we could just delete all the items and customers in my Method account then syncronize with the new QB File I can easily import the additional customized data.

I want to see what is the best way to accomplish this. 

Thanks

• 05-01-2015 2:15 PM In reply to

Re: Changing QB Company Files

Answer

Hi Gerald,

In order to sync with a new QBO company, you must start a new Method account. Your Method account will only sync with the company that it was originally connected to.

If you’ve customized screens in Method to use these custom fields, you can copy them to the new account and any fields on the screen will be added to the tables automatically. On your new account, just navigate to Customize > Screens, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Copy / Import Screen… You are given the option to copy from another account.

All of your QBO data will be imported from your QBO company when you make the initial connection. Obviously, this will not include any data from your Method custom fields, as this data did not sync with QBO. You can however, import this data from your spreadsheet updating the records that were imported from QBO on the initial connection.

You’ll need to use the Import / Export tool to perform this. You won’t be able to use the RecordID as your key field, since the record IDs will differ from your old Method account. Instead, you can select either the Name or FullName field as your key field after checking the Update existing records by matching the key fields option.

It takes a bit of effort, but this should accomplish what you are trying to do. Feel free to post back if you need further clarification on anything that I mentioned. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)