Method Community

Method New - Public Pages

Last post 05-08-2015 11:25 AM by Method_Audisho. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-04-2015 5:17 PM

• giseburt
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-06-2014
    • Illinois, USA
    • Posts 12

Method New - Public Pages

Good Day!

I have been told that public pages in Method New are replacing web forms in the current Method.  However, I cannot find any documentation or videos regarding public pages in the Method New knowledge base.  So, I have the following questions:

1. Are public pages currently available in Method New?

2. Is there documentation somewhere describing how to implement public pages?

3. Where do I find that functionality in Method New?

4. If public pages are not currently available in Method New, when will that functionality be available?

Jim

• 05-05-2015 9:10 AM In reply to

Re: Method New - Public Pages

Answer

Hi Jim,

1) Yes, public pages are available in M:N!

2) We are still working on our documentation for M:N and do not have anything for public pages yet.

3) Public pages are just app pages that you have made public. I’ll explain how to do this below.

4) But they are :)

To create a public page, simply create an app / page the same way you would internally in M:N. Then from the edit app screen, select the Security button.

Uncheck the “Prevent from being shared publicly” checkbox and select save. This allows anybody with the URL to the page to access it.

Now for generating the URL; You will need to use the “Generate Short URL” action for this. You can create a simple internal page for this. Just make sure that the Invite Type is set to Public.

That’s it!

Anyone who has the URL will be able to access the page. You can also use the URL to insert the page into your website. I believe this can be done using an <object> tag, but you may need to confirm this with your web developer.

I hope this helps!

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 05-08-2015 11:25 AM In reply to

Re: Method New - Public Pages

Hi Jim,

There’s actually an even easier way to make a page public. Just navigate to it in Method, select the gear  in the top right and select . You will be guided through making the page public and a URL will be generated for you. Much simpler than the method above!

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)