Method Community

Signing in with Firefox logs me of of Chrome

Last post 06-02-2015 12:37 PM by v.cameron. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2015 5:45 AM

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

Signing in with Firefox logs me of of Chrome

I use Chrome from running my own Method account and Firefox for development. When I sign into a client account in Firefox it logs me out of my own account in Chrome.

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 05-13-2015 10:29 AM In reply to

Re: Signing in with Firefox logs me of of Chrome

Hi Mahlon,

When you sign in to Method from a new “location”, this causes any current logged in sessions to expire, as you can only have 1 active session at a time. M:N is directly linked to these sessions however, M:C is not. At this point, you should be able to sign in to multiple accounts using the same Method ID in the same browser.

Is there a reason that you are using a different browser for development? I can create a feature request ticket for our development team to investigate the possibility of adding this functionality if you require it.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 05-13-2015 11:23 AM In reply to

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

Someone from Method told me there are less issues when you develop in Fire fox. I haven't been able to tell a difference

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 05-13-2015 11:36 AM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Audisho,

There are a couple of reason you might want to develop in a different browser or computer:

1. If you are publishing a screen update or running a process that takes a while, then Method is pretty much unresponsive in other tabs of the same browser until the publishing or long process finishes.

2. If there are multiple people at a company that do customization work, they would use the same email address to log in. They wouldn't be in the same account at the same time, but they might be in 2 different accounts with the same sign-in email address.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 05-13-2015 12:07 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Matt,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but #1 only really applies to M:C and this limitations does not exist in M:C. While your Method ID session will expire, your M:C session / session ID does not.

Regardless, Mahlon you make a good point that our users may use different browsers for using vs. customizing Method and Matt you also make a good point that multiple users may use the same Method ID for signing in to different accounts at the same time (especially for customizing). I have created a feature request ticket for this. Hopefully our development team can work out a way to make this happen.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-02-2015 12:37 PM In reply to

When we went to single sign-on, one of Cloud Consultancy's primary concerns where that we have multiple people working in our firm for multiple clients. We were told that best practice was to use a common email address for everyone to work in the clients accounts.  So getting logged out becuause someone else logged into another one using the same email address will be highly problematic.  IF this can't be fixed, I'd suggest that best practice for firms like ours woudl be to create a unique email address for each client account.  

Victoria Cameron
    vcameron@cloudconsutlancyllc.com
    www.cloudconsultancyllc.com
    650/209-0345

What is Method?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)