Method Community

Additional Notes from QBE 2015

Last post 05-13-2015 1:27 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2015 12:59 PM

• jsenick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-29-2013
    • Jamestown, NY USA
    • Posts 35

Additional Notes from QBE 2015

Hi all,

Our QuickBooks users are making use of the new multiple notes and pinned notes features of Quickbooks Enterprise 2015.  Currently, new notes added via QuickBooks are not seeby our Method users, causing much confusion. As best I can tell from the Entity table's field list, these notes would be referenced by the Notes, AdditionalNotesRetNoteID, AdditionalNotesRetDate, and AdditionalNotesRetNote fields. (http://doc.qodbc.com/qodbc/usa/TableDetails.php?tableName=Entity) However, I cannot see them in the Entity table's field list from Method. Has anyone run across solutions to accessing these fields via Method screens?

-James

James Senick
    JamestownStamp.com
  • 05-13-2015 1:27 PM In reply to

Re: Additional Notes from QBE 2015

Hi James,

In more recent versions of QuickBooks, intuit added a notes table allowing users to create multiple notes for an entity. Unfortunately, they have not yet included this table in the QBSDK and as such, we are unable to sync with these additional notes.

The first note for each entity can still be seen in the Note field on the Entity table. We do sync with this field and it can be seen from the Edit Customer screen by selecting More Actions… > Notes. Any additional notes cannot be seen in Method, as they are not available to sync with. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)