Method Community

Filtering QBO invoice line items in Report Designer

Last post 05-21-2015 2:01 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2015 10:28 AM

• brian
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-24-2013
    • Posts 1

Filtering QBO invoice line items in Report Designer

I have another question about report designer. I would like to create a report to print certain paid invoice lines and group by customer.  I can get to the invoice lines but I don't know how to filter just the invoice paid items with a certain word in the item name.  Then, I can't see how to call up that report in the CRM under the Invoice tab since it's based on the Invoice table.  Can I create a new tab and call it up there?

• 05-21-2015 2:01 PM In reply to

Re: Filtering QBO invoice line items in Report Designer

Answer

Hi Brian,

The only way to verify that a line is paid it by verifying that the invoice has been paid. You can do this by creating a linked field on your InvoiceLine table that links to the BalanceRemaining field on the Invoice table.

You’ll need to create a button on one of your screens with the Generate Report action for generating your report. You can setup the filters on the action itself for only returning lines specified by the filter. You can filter for the particular item name and your linked Invoice.BalanceRemaining field equals 0 like so.

Give this a shot and post back if you have any more questions. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)