Method Community

Can you save documents to SmartVault from the contact portal and have it link back to the company?

Last post 06-08-2015 3:06 PM by VLocke. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-06-2015 8:57 AM

Can you save documents to SmartVault from the contact portal and have it link back to the company?

Does anyone know if you are in the contacts portal can you customize the portal to access SmartVault and upload documents that will then link back to the company the contact is associaed with?

Thanks,

VLocke

• 06-08-2015 9:57 AM In reply to

Re: Can you save documents to SmartVault from the contact portal and have it link back to the company?

Answer

Hi VLocke,

The SmartVault (SV) connection on a Method account is company-wide. This means that anyone accessing the Upload Attachment… screen via the account in question will be able to select the upload to SmartVault option.

I don’t have a SV account to test this myself, but this should function the same way via the portal.

Keep in mind that the Upload Attachment… screen is one of the few screen in Method that cannot be customized. This means that you won’t be able to force your clients to upload to SV via the portal. You may want to include a note for your clients, in your portal, indicating that they need to select the SV option.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-08-2015 10:44 AM In reply to

Re: Can you save documents to SmartVault from the contact portal and have it link back to the company?

Answer

Hi VLocke,

I was able to create a trial SV account to test this out. I simply added a button to display the CRM_NewDocument screen in a popup from the portal. As I suspected, the upload to SmartVault option is available.

As for linking the document to the customer, I suggest you take a look at the actions on the upload a new document button on the CRM_EditCustomer screen. You can use a similar functionality in your portal screen for linking the document to the customer.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-08-2015 3:06 PM In reply to

Thank you very much for your response.  I have not tried this yet on my side but it makes sense.

VLocke

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)