Method Community

Customer Portal registration / login not working after setting up Quickbooks sync

Last post 06-12-2015 12:32 PM by Method_Audisho. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2015 2:51 PM

• cdvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2015
    • Posts 7

Customer Portal registration / login not working after setting up Quickbooks sync

Hi,

We are currently evaluating Method:CRM as a simple way to create a customer portal so customers can see their orders. I tested some basic functions without connecting it to Quickbooks, including the portal. Registering for it etc. all worked smoothly. So I deleted my test customer to have a clean table and connected Method:CRM to Quickbooks.

However, after that the registration (and login) is no more working. I get an email error (email cannot be send) when registering, but I do get an email with a username and passwordUnfortnuately, that username / password combination does not work. The fields UsernamePortal and PasswordPortal of the test account seem not to be filled at all (as I tested with a custom form).

I can login if I change username and password to use the first name and last name fields, and everything looks like it is supposed to look. So it seems like only the login process is screwed up. Any ideas how to fix that? I am pretty close to abbonding that account and just setting up a new one to build everything from scratch.

• 06-09-2015 3:25 PM In reply to

Re: Customer Portal registration / login not working after setting up Quickbooks sync

Hi cdvin,

Please verify that the contact you are using to test the portal has a valid email address. Also verify that no other contacts in your Method account contain this email address. The email must be unique for the registration to work.

Otherwise, I’m not sure what could be causing this. If you’re unable to get this working, please give our support number a call at 1-888-925-6238 x2 or post back and I’ll have a member of our support team reach out to you. They’ll be able to investigate with you on the phone and perform a screen share with you if necessary.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-09-2015 6:37 PM In reply to

• cdvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2015
    • Posts 7

Re: Customer Portal registration / login not working after setting up Quickbooks sync

Thank you Audisho, I double-checked everything and even deleted the test customer and recreated it, with a different email address that was never in the system before - it is still not working. I'll call tomorrow to get that fixed.

CDvin

• 06-10-2015 2:23 PM In reply to

Hi CDvin,

You called in to support and we spoke on the phone. As was made aware to me today, this is actually a known issue that is affecting all accounts. At this time, portal username registration is not working. Our development team is currently investigating the issue.

As we discussed, I created a case and will follow-up with you once the issue has been resolved. I will also post back here at that time in case anyone else happens to be following this thread. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 06-12-2015 12:32 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi CDvin,

We deployed an update today that resolved the issue with portal registration. Please test this out and let me know if you still have any concerns.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)