Method Community

How do i create....

Last post 06-10-2015 2:52 PM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2015 7:37 AM

How do i create....

I am wanting to know how to create a new tab called Roofing. 

Under that new tab, i want to be able to enter data into fields. This screen needs to be linked to a customer. Each time i click on this roofing tab i want to be able to either create a new roofing order or lookup previous orders by customer. 

I know how to create the tab, screen, and fields. Im lacking the knowledge of a button for new order and how to link the order to a customer. 

Please help.

• 06-10-2015 8:55 AM In reply to

Re: How do i create....

Hi Stephen,

Why are you trying to create a custom screen? Could you not use an estimate, sales order, invoice or work order for this? If you can explain the workflow that you’re trying to create, I’ll do my best to make some suggestions on how to accomplish this.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-10-2015 10:08 AM In reply to

I thought that is what i needed to do.

Here is the work flow I want to create.

Create new lead.

Lead is converted to a customer.

Customer information and associated work order is entered. Work order could be roofing material, labor, guttering, repair work order.

The work orders are then merged to a template that is easy to read and emailed to the corresponding distributor or laborer.

Any and all documents and pictures associated with the job are attached to that customer as well.

Job is completed.

Invoiced in Quickbooks.

Laborer's pay information is entered into a pay sheet. That pay sheet is merged to a template and printed for their records.

• 06-10-2015 2:52 PM In reply to

Hi Stephen,

Much of what you listed here is already available in Method without the need to customize. If you haven’t done so already, I suggest you install the Field Services application, as you’re going to need this for work orders. If you’re not familiar with the work flow used within the field services app, we have several tutorial videos that explain this in detail.

Estimates, work orders and invoices all have the ability to print or save as a PDF. You just need to select the corresponding Print or Print Preview button on the transaction screen. You also have the ability to do time tracking within a work order and convert a work order to an invoice once it has been completed. This is explained in the field services tutorial videos.

I suggest you take a look at the field service app information that is available in out help center and watch the tutorial videos. Once you understand the workflow, give it a shot yourself. If there’s anything missing that you need, feel free to post back and I’ll try and make some suggestions on how to add it.

If you haven’t done so already, you may also be able to take advantage of a free hour with our professional services team. They may be able to add any missing functionality for you during this time. If interested, please reach out to your account manager.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)