Method Community

Email Template for Sales Order

Last post 06-11-2015 10:10 AM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2015 8:28 PM

Email Template for Sales Order

I created a custom sales order using the Method Integration Report Designer which looks great. 

I want to be able to email this custom sales order document that I created.

I'm not looking to send one of my suppliers a portal where they can download. I want the custom document attached as a PDF in the email.

How do I get the document I created to be attached and emailed to a selected vendor?

I tested the document and the sales order function works great. I'm just unclear about how to use this document in an email template.

TY

• 06-11-2015 10:10 AM In reply to

Re: Email Template for Sales Order

Hi Stephen,

This is actually a little more complicated than it sounds. Since sales orders don’t have an email template and the sales order screen does not contain an action set for sending an email, you will need to build these. To create the email template, you can copy the estimate or invoice template and modify it for use with sales orders. You can also copy the Save & Email action set from either the estimate or invoice screen, but this needs to be done manually and you will again need to make some minor changes for use with sales orders.

Since the majority of this is copy and paste, I’ll walk you through adding a PDF attachment to the estimate screen’s Save & Email button instead. You will be able to apply the same logic to your save & email action set on your sales order screen once you have built it.

Adding a PDF attachment to the email sent by the estimates screen is actually fairly simple, as most of the logic we need already exists on the screen. We’ll be adding this logic on the Save & Email buttons in both the Footer Buttons and the Pop-Up Buttons sections. I’ve laid out the steps below:

1) Copy the action set from the Print Preview button in the Footer Buttons section. This adds 3 actions to the bottom: Save All Sections, Retrieve Value From Table & Generate Report.

2) Remove the Save All Sections action.

3) Edit the Generate Report action, uncheck the “Show In New Window” checkbox and save.

4) Move Retrieve Value From Table & Generate Report actions above the Send Email action; positions 43 & 44 respectively.

5) Edit the Send Email action and select the action result “resultGenerateReport” for the attachment location and save.

That’s it! Now when you select the Save & Email button on your estimates screen, the PDF will be generated and added to the email as an attachment.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)