Method Community

Portal Payment - Sequence Error 28

Last post 06-29-2015 8:22 AM by Method_Audisho. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2015 5:06 PM

Portal Payment - Sequence Error 28

Hello,

Customer is trying to make a payment via credit card (PayPal) and is receiving action sequence error 28.

Customer message:

"While making the payment online for pending invoice, we get the following error -- Action Sequence: 28. There has been an error during action process. Kindly resolve the issue as we are unable to make the payment"

They are international, so I am not sure if there is an aspect of this that matters.

No idea what action sequence 28 would be, especially since this is a portal payment and we have not done anything with this.

Any help?

• 06-23-2015 8:17 AM In reply to

Re: Portal Payment - Sequence Error 28

Hi pdx98,

The action sequence is the action set that exists on the button and the number refers to the where in the sequence the error occurred. In your case this would be on the 28th action on (I’m assuming) the Process Payment button. On the stock portal screen, this is the action that processes the payment using the gateway.

My guess would be that there is an issue with your gateway configuration or your client had input some incorrect information. Have you tested making a payment yourself using this gateway via the portal? If not, that would be your first step.

If you’re able to reproduce this error, but can’t seem to resolve it, please don’t hesitate to give our support number a call at 1-888-925-6238 x2. A member of our support team will be happy to troubleshoot this with you.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-26-2015 4:34 PM In reply to

Hello,

I have tested the payment process (PayPal and Credit Card) and both generate errors. For the Credit Card payment, the error is action sequence 28. For the PayPal error, the action sequence is 37.

I have entered all information correctly.

I have also not edited this form. It is the default "ReceivePayment" page.

I have also verified and updated my PayPal API information, yet this does not seem to be the issue.

Any suggestions or help?

P.S. - It would sure be helpful if an email or message was sent to the primary on the account when an action sequence error was created that included some detailed information about the error so we could figure this stuff out.

• 06-26-2015 4:36 PM In reply to

I have been forced to disable the payment options until this is resolved... Sigh...

• 06-29-2015 8:22 AM In reply to

Hi pdx971,

I have created a case for you. A member of our support team will reach out as soon as they are available to investigate.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)