Method Community

Make a new field directly on screen vs table

Last post 06-26-2015 8:08 AM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-25-2015 2:45 PM

• Lex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-18-2015
    • Posts 4

Make a new field directly on screen vs table

I want to create a few dropdown fields on a customized screen we have. I know how to make drop down fields on a TABLE but I can't figure out how to get the dropdown item I made in a table to show up as an option to add to a SCREEN. I tried looking for aspects of the SCREEN to be listed somewhere in the TABLE list but I can't find any. 

I know when you edit a SCREEN there is an option to add a dropdown item but the steps to go through setting one up are very different than creating one in a TABLE and I don't understand why.

Can someone tell me how to create and ad a dropdown item in a SCREEN similar to how its done in a TABLE?

Thanks!

• 06-25-2015 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: Make a new field directly on screen vs table

Hi Lex,

What table and screen are you trying to add the dropdown to?

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-25-2015 4:13 PM In reply to

• Lex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-18-2015
    • Posts 4

Hi Audisho,

I'm not trying to add it to a table, but that's they only place I know how to add a dropdown item. My goal is to add a dropdown to a screen. The screen I am try to add it to is the "New Lead" Screen under the lead's tab. 

• 06-26-2015 8:08 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Lex,

You can add a dropdown object to the screen by dragging it from the Add Objects tab in the Toolbox onto the screen. Once it’s on your screen, you can add values to it by selecting Edit. Keep in mind that this is just an object on the screen and not a field in your table. The value set in this dropdown will not be saved when you save the lead.

If you’re trying to add a custom field that can be saved with the lead record, you need to add a dropdown field to your Customer table. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to add the field to the screen by dragging it from the Add Fields tab in the Toolbox onto the screen.

I hope this helps.

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)